tapout mouthguards

It seems fair to say that if most people saw fighters wearing a mouthguard with a tapout logo they'd assume it was a tapout mouthguard.

ttt

rbl -  It seems fair to say that if most people saw fighters wearing a mouthguard with a tapout logo they'd assume it was a tapout mouthguard.

FWIW I would have never assumed that. I would have assumed it they were sponsored by Tapout for softgoods and Tapout paid someone to make a guard w/ their logo

i guess i kinda missed what all the arguing was about and im to lazy to read it, but anyways, i wear the tapout mouthguards and have had over 70 total mma/boxing fights and just recently started wearing the tapout mouthguard and really wish i woulda found something like it when i started fighting 12 years ago. i recently wore it for my M-1 fight and it was perfect. i mean literally it fits perfect. again i i kinda skimmed all this mess so i missed the argument or whatever it is but anyone who needs a good mouthguard i highly recommend getting one of the tapout ones. thanks

sean wilson

John Phan - TTT for 2 shady companies being exposed Tapout, and Gladiator for ripping off somebody who was already doing them a favor and cutting them a significant discount.

The company making Tapout's mouthguards trying to make it appear that sponsored fighters that Gladiator customs are actually using boil and bites is shady any way you slice it.

The dispute between Gladiator and the dentist seems like that simply weren't on the same page as to whether the dentist was being paid for a service (30 impression) or for his time. It seems to me that neither person was clear on everything before the whole process started. It is unfortunate but it doesn't seem like an outright bait and switch type situation like the Tapout guards do.

It seems to me that this could easily be resolved though with Tapout simply offering boil and bite guards to those that like them or need something cheap and custom guards through Gladiator (or some other provider). The only reason not to do that is to fatten someone's pocket because there is more money to be made in overpriced boil and bite guards that can be made in bulk for pennies and can be sold for $10, 15, 20, $25+.

I'd like to see Tapout offer both varieties. Advertise them as training model and competition model or ammy and pro model or something along those lines. That way everyone is happy and nobody is being tricked into buying something they think is something else.

Ice, from an outside observer, I have to say that I don't think this thread is working out to well for you. I had never heard of the Tapout mouthguards until this thread. Now I'm thinking about trying one. Only because I can't afford yours though.

A fool and their money are shortly departed. Enjoy your boil and bite.

Are these lurckers actually saying that a boil and bite is better than a custom??

That's BS anyone who's ever had both can't honestly tell me that they prefer a boil and bite... I just simply don't believe it...

I'm not sure about all that has been said, but I can say this:

If I purchased a mouthguard from TapOut (or anyone for that matter) while under the impression that it was totally a custom guard made from a mold of my mouth...and then I received a boil and bite in the mail, I would be upset.  Of course I would return it immediately and charge back my CC, but the headache and hassle would irritate me.

Fortunaley I bought my custom gaurds straight from Gladiator and they ROCK.

This thread is becoming about something it's not....Has anyone been to their site yet? Nowhere does it say it's a custom. In fact, it says it's an advanced boil and bite mouthguard!!

So pro's get customs, big deal. Does anyone here really think Tapout in addition to making clothes has a dentists office at the headquarters? C'mon ! That's why they partner with custom shops to make them when they need them.

What also kinda cool is that if you bust your mouth up you get tons of coverage. Do custom shops offer a warranty ?? I seriously don't know.

www.tapoutmouthguard.com

ptown - i guess i kinda missed what all the arguing was about and im to lazy to read it, but anyways, i wear the tapout mouthguards and have had over 70 total mma/boxing fights and just recently started wearing the tapout mouthguard and really wish i woulda found something like it when i started fighting 12 years ago. i recently wore it for my M-1 fight and it was perfect. i mean literally it fits perfect. again i i kinda skimmed all this mess so i missed the argument or whatever it is but anyone who needs a good mouthguard i highly recommend getting one of the tapout ones. thanks

sean wilson
P-TOWN versus Eric Marriot KC,KS Dec 18

icedog
Can you tell me about your nightguards. I think your website said it had a hard shell with a soft inside. can you explain. I grind my teeth and need a new nightguard like yesterday. thanks

and me and my tapout mouthguard will be there in full effect representin to the fullest!!!!!!!!!! im bringing it....

ttt john

LOL at morons impressed by the dental insurance. Good luck collecting on it. It's the same crap policy offered by Shock Doctor and other boil n bites. Read up on people who've had dental damage and their attempts to collect on the policy.

But icedog isn't doing much of a service to his company. I'm thinking he spends too much time on /b/ or misc as his posts are pretty childish. But if this publicity helps bring him business then that is his coice. I had nothing but pleasant experiences with Gladiator and while I think that Protech had the best guards I would not be adverse to getting another Gladiator.

My Gladiator Guards.  I love em.

and

Crappy pictures, I know.  But the mouthguards are awesome.

Awesome!

RenatoCocopreta - 
TSGIGOR - Awesome!

Igor, if you dont mind telling us, what kind of mouth guard does Fedor use?

He just bites a chunk out of a bumper and uses that.

DreamerMMA - 
RenatoCocopreta - 
TSGIGOR - Awesome!

Igor, if you dont mind telling us, what kind of mouth guard does Fedor use?

He just bites a chunk out of a bumper and uses that.

His teeth are made of titanium, no need for a mouth guard.