the legacy of royce

tricky, it wouldnt matter to me, honestly. I saw him fight Sak and it was a great fight. I dont expect Royce to have the same dominance he had years ago.

I am eager to see his fight with Akebono. I think it is brilliant matchmaking.

i would like to see Royce vs. Lindland

Agreed -- I don't care. I'm happy to watch Royce, but I don't particularly care if he fights The Top Guy. He'd probably get beaten up, anyway. He must be about 40 by now, and everyone knows he's never exactly been a punishing striker.

But if I could pick his opponent, I'd go with Damien Riccio.

Andre: And your point agrees with mine. The other fighters were all training in their Martial Arts but Royce was training for NHB/MMA.

While these others were just training for their own art, whether it was Kickboxing, Point Karate or whatever. UFC was a NHB/MMA competition that Royce had the benefit of training years and competiting in for years.

I agree with Andre 100 percent.

Kai, you mean you were tested by Bherring and he concluded you are a two stripe blue after you'd already had over ten years of Judo and Wrestling training supplemented with a decade of Bjj tapes to study from.

You are a "Dabbler" not the hardcore student of the grappling arts you try to come across as.

And your delusional analogys of how a fight with fists is or should be fought are forever flawed because you obviously have no experience in this area.

From Kais Profile:

"Quite a few unfriendlyundeadly brawls in my past"

I'm sure you tore up the streets dood. Probably a legend in your "Hood" or amongst your "Droogs".

Royce is probably the best Vale Tudo fighter in his family. The reasons why should be apparent (See the posts where Andre previously outlined some for you)and anyone with half a clue wouldn't need to be told much less try to argue it.

Also, you are on EVERY SINGLE Gracie thread talking shit about them.

Why? Do you feel it's your mission in life? It provides you comfort and solace? The world needs to know and you feel it's in your hands to set the people free?

It's like I said in the Rickson thread.

At this point you're just plain creepy.

Seriously, your a fucking clownshoe.

R.I.P

"UFC was a NHB/MMA competition that Royce had the benefit of training years and competiting in for years."

Okay grandmaster Kai...

Tell us what organizations Royce competed in pre UFC.

In fact point us towards what NHB/MMA events or competitions Royce fought in before UFC 1.

Hope to hear an answer soon shit talker.

R.I.P

Ripper: Hi KKM!

"Ripper: Hi KKM!"

Right...

R.I.P

nice cop out, Kai.

call me crazy but id rather see Royce fight one of todays top fighters like a Silva or Coutore instead of taking on all arts

lol!...i have absolutely nothing against kai, but he does come off pretty strong with his anti GJJ stance.

Andre: Far from it, just dealing from experience.

Poodollar: Part of my anti GJJ/Bjj stance is irrational, but I've been on these boards for a very very long time and have been following the fight game for a very very long time. But that's not part of this discussion.

I hope that Royce's fight will at least be interesting.

winston-
there's nothing crazy about that statement, and i'm sure most people have the same opinion but are too afraid to admit it. i agree with you. i'm sure all royce gracie fans would just be content to see him fight whether it's one of the better fighters or akebono. but if you think about it royce has NEVER fought in his weight class. i'd like to see how he'd do against a top ten middleweight. royce has already shown his ability to defend in the guard. even if he loses, i highly doubt it will tarnish his legacy as a mma pioneer.

so do i. it is good to have a vast difference in opinions and backgrounds. it keeps the board from being a love fest towards one style or group (like the JKD forum)

anyone wanna bet on the Abekeno-Royce fight ?Ill take Royce.poodollar I agree with some of your points but this fight IMO is nothing other thana freak show and easy payday for Royce.Id much rather he fight a current top fighter near his weight

call me crazy but id rather see Royce fight one of todays top fighters like a Silva or Coutore instead of taking on all arts-----I AGREE

Armbreaker is also correct.

Though it needs to be said Oleg came around after the first few UFC's and trained/sparred with the Gracies before expressing his own interest in competeing.

I wouldn't doubt it if they tried to keep him out.

"he fought some guys that, at the time, most people would have been scared shitless of."

The above statement is what matters most. Because it ain't about Rorion , the respect should always be there for Royce. He's a warrior IMO.

Anyways nothing to argue as you are correct throughout your post.

R.I.P

i understand. but i bet royce factors in the payday and the uniqueness of the fight.

Wistonwolf: Amen to that.

While I see the point Kai is trying to make, Andre is really getting at the bigger picture.

If you walk in to ANY Martial Arts studio of ANY style, the foundation of the style and main purpose is SELF DEFENSE, be it TKD, JKD, BJJ, whatever. SELF DEFENSE, as in, someone fighting you with NO RULES.

Blaming Royce and his family for training for NO RULES much longer than those in other arts makes no sense whatsoever. That is what they are supposed to be training for, isn't it?