"There will be an immediate rematch."--Dana

JimmersonzGlove - 
BuddyRevell - 

Better judges who know what they're looking at would solve that problem.

Those are veteran judges. How are you going to get new ones?

So you're saying there aren't any better judges than Peoples or Rosales? LOL!

A rematch is what is really necessary. After watching the fight several times, it was close as hell. Either man could have been given the decision. Dana got this right.

as stated before, a rematch is unnecessary

shogun is the true champion

5-0 all rounds shogun

machida needs to fight a rematch for his title back, not vice versa

ProMagnus - HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Even if this is true it is still an injustice for Rua to have to win again.

interesting considering he didn't win tonight.low kicks alone won't get you a decision over the champ.

you're retarded...seriously

studiocamp - http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ufc25-2009oct25,0,3009843.story?track=rss

UFC president Dana White said he believed Rua won the fight and added, "there will be an immediate rematch."

thank god

canuck34 - I think this is awesome.

I thought it was an amazing and close fight between two great fighters and I can't wait to see them go at it again.

Those calling Machida overrated are idiots. Shogun that fought last night looked like the Shogun of old...the guy we all called the best 205er in the world and Machida arguably won the fight and went 5 grueling rounds.

Both are amazing, neither are overrated.

good post. there would have been a rematch either way and the rematch will be awesome.

I sorta wish Shogun was fighting Forrest next. Since the UFC keeps insisting it's the biggest fluke of all time I'd like it to be proven.

i wont be paying for the rematch that is for sure. god bless the internet..

ProMagnus - HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Even if this is true it is still an injustice for Rua to have to win again.

interesting considering he didn't win tonight.low kicks alone won't get you a decision over the champ.

lol@leg kicks alone. He battered machida's body with kicks and landed more shots to his face. wtf are you going on about? Almost everything machida landed was countered with a hard kick to the legs or body. WTF did machida do to derserve the win. The guy doesn't throw hooks and all Shogun had to do was keep his guard high to block most of what he threw....the shots that landed were mostly grazing shots anyways.

fuck the csac judges for not knowing a god damn thing about judging.

I think an immediate rematch should be exactly that. Make them do it this Wednesday live on Spike. I bet Shogun could probably do a few rounds right now, but with all of the kicks Lyoto took, he probably couldn't.

Krakatoa - Who cares?   Shogun IS the Champ in everyones book and now we ALL know Machida was overrated.

That's what you got from the fight? That Machida was overrated? Did you ever think that Shogun might actually be very good too?

interesting!

torquemada - 
JimmersonzGlove -    It's bullshit cuz Shogun won with a great strategy. Now if there's a rematch he'll be forced to be more reckless.

Dead on.
'reckless' == don't you mean actually expose himself in an effort to FINISH the fight. Did Rua outkick him? Yes. Were they devastating? Yes to a point (I'd be barfing blood the next day...), but they never 'crushed' Machida.  Did he  land some great punches? Absofuckinglutely. But he DID NOT FINISH HIM. You have to TAKE the belt.  Machida may not have 'won' in many people's eyes, (I was disappointed with his performance as well),   but Rua did not TAKE the belt.  I look forward to a re-match.   

I thought you had to beat the champion to win the title and clearly everyone was listening to what Rogan was say during the fight because everytime Rua connected with a kick i saw him get caught with a punch himself.

please let this fight be more decisive either way

leg kicks dont win fights? how did forest get the belt form rampage?

Yes a rematch, and a 1st or 2nd round KO from Machida. This time he will finish and maybe get a little bit of credit from the announcers on his performance.

Why, so we can witness another stand-up WAR!?!?!?!?

ToWeakToBeAfiGhter - 
IP - 
ToWeakToBeAfiGhter - now i would like all the idiots who said - dana white and zuffa was behind that decision, i will never pay for any ufc event again - to apologize and admit they are nothing but idiots and ufc haters who always desperately search for any ridiculous reason to insult ufc which makes them feel more hardcore. Screw you you pathetic mma haters

Well, they finally found someone who can give Machida a good fight, and as such, they can highly capitalize on a second fight. That's incentive enough.

however if there was not going to be a rematch you would say ufc is protecting their poster boy

Absolutely! We're talking conspiracy theories here, and the one you just identified is excellent.

UFC just needs to stay far away from anything to do with the california state athletic commission