Tim Sylvia vs Ray Mercer witness.

ray was paid 50k for the fight. go to the "great vid of mercer ko" thread and you will see a terrific view of the KO, plus here Mercer say at the end of the interview..."I needed money so I knocked the nigga out"

"Ray isn't fighting because he NEEDS the money, right"

He still needs to work.

"Well if he was so bad ass why didn't he just KO him before the take down took place"

He didn't know the take down was coming. If he had, like in this fight, I believe he would have KO Kimbo also.

"Not like he seems on TV. Congrats Joe! Great job man!

Thanks.

Sylvia will come back with some big wins and everyone will jump on his band wagon again. That Mercer punch was short, and on the mark. It would have KOed anybody.

It looked like Mercer was actually in position for a double leg after Tim started falling.

Thanks for posting, Joe. See U at the next XFO!

ttt

thanks for the insight Joe

thanks for your perspective joe. What did you think of the overall card? From a laymen/fans point of a view it seemed like there were some mismatches on the card, and quite a few have been critical in the way monte handled/staged the event. At the same time the descriptions of the fights I've read seemed quite interesting/action packed, what are your thoughts? Thanks, and congrats on your win as well.

Joe Jordan...

Was the crowd against Tim? They were going nuts after Mercer KOed and tons of people had their hands in the air. I'm assuming they are boxing purists who wanted to see boxing take a W.

IrishFighter110 - Last thing that leaves a boxer like that is power.

first you lose your money

then you lose your friends

but you never lose your punch

-some guy

joejordanKY - "Well if he was so bad ass why didn't he just KO him before the take down took place"

He didn't know the take down was coming. If he had, like in this fight, I believe he would have KO Kimbo also.
Yep, absolutely. Ray thought Kimbo was gonna stand as they agreed to do..so Ray was gonna put on a technician show and totally outclass Kimbo... Kimbo got SCARED and changed his mind after seeing Ray throw combos as opposed to teh big slow looping punches he's used to seeing..lol

Ray is the man..

What does ttt mean?

ttt means titty twister time

Thanks Joe
VTFU

Lol at Explanation Mark getting completely missed on this thread!

RobbieH - 
joejordanKY - "Well if he was so bad ass why didn't he just KO him before the take down took place"

Yep, absolutely. Ray thought Kimbo was gonna stand as they agreed to do..so Ray was gonna put on a technician show and totally outclass Kimbo... Kimbo got SCARED and changed his mind after seeing Ray throw combos as opposed to teh big slow looping punches he's used to seeing..lol

Ray is the man..

I highly doubt Kimbo was SCARED. I think more or less since he was so used to training MMA, it just got into his head???

Seriuouly, what does ttt stand for?

PatrickN - Seriuouly, what does ttt stand for?

to the top..

Stranglehold26 posted this interview on the 'great vid of mercer ko' thread. It is too awesome, so I am embedding this in all the Mercer threads. How can you not LOVE this guy?