Tito Ortiz turned down offer to replace Davis..

Makes perfect sense, Tito's waiting for Rampage to pull out of the Jones fight. Phone Post

CharlesLewis - it wouldn't be smart to take a top fight with no notice. He needs wins now to stay in the game.

Better Mouse Trap - Dicktuck at it's finest

Yup. I thought he was 'back'.... Phone Post

FerrozzoFan -

the fact is tito is in shape. 
how do we know he's in shape....usually these guys baloon up big time after the weigh ins and baloon even bigger when they take their week+ off after the fight.  

5 weeks to prepare for a top 10 guy like rashad isn't enough time for a sufficient camp IMO.

fna - 
FerrozzoFan -

how do we know he's in shape....usually these guys baloon up big time after the weigh ins and baloon even bigger when they take their week+ off after the fight.  

5 weeks to prepare for a top 10 guy like rashad isn't enough time for a sufficient camp IMO.

Machida begs to differ

JediMMA - from Titos twitter:

"I have a life and things to take care of. The fight game is about making the right choices of my career. If you knew what i have been going through you all would understand. Peaking for a fight is what makes a fighter unstopable! Timing is everything in life. This is a rebuild year for me not do or die. The time will come again! #positive"

Jesus Christ. We all know what Tito's been going through because him and Jenna are always airing their dirty laundry. I have a feeling Tito is going to milk this win for the next year. Expect more "I'm 100%." and "I'm coming for MY Belt" talk.

He might not have taken any damage in the Bader fight, but he still had to put his 36 year old, injury hit body through a training camp. Going back into hard training straight away won't be good for him

TheShogunEra - Good move

. Phone Post

FerrozzoFan - 
fna - 
FerrozzoFan -

Machida begs to differ

not even comparable situations....machida isnt 10 days removed from training camp and fight that literally was going to make or break the rest of his career.  machida also isn't 36 with surgically fused spine.  plus machida knows rashad poses no threat to him since he could barely even touch him in the standup last time(i believe fightmetric or compustrike had rashad landing around 4 strikes in their last fight)

also i have seen a 170er indulge himself up to 200+lbs the week after a fight.  wouldnt be shocked at all if tito was at a weight far from 205 right now.

Smart move. Rashad is not a good fight to take on short notice. Phone Post

So many bitches on here.

Can you blame Tito?
The commentators were basically giving his eulogy as the fight started. His career was essentially officially over as far as the UFC was concerned.

He pulls out an amazing win and now he's supposed to risk putting himself back in the same bad position on short notice?

FerrozzoFan - 
5 weeks is plenty of time to train when you just came out of a camp and a fight with no damage, and your facing a guy you have faced before.

It's 3 weeks you dumb fuck.

The Notorious OMG - 
angryguy - Are you guys kidding me or are you drinking sum tito kool aid? If Tito truely wanted to takE the road to be lhw champ again then this would be the golden once in a lifetime reopportunity (yeah thats a drunkin word).

"IF" it is true that Tito passed on this Hyper drive to top contender then it blatenly obvious he has no desire to be champ again. Just wants to make a few more big money fight for himself ans family. And there is nothing wrong with that.

dude, he's 36 years old and just fought last weekend.

he's not some up & coming jon jones-ish 23 year old hungry young lion.

he just beat one of those guys last week. no point in taking a fight he knows he's not physically or mentally ready for.

he already fought rashad once and got the better of him, even though rashad was greased up in typical greg jackson fashion. I doubt he's scared of the dude, his body simply cannot go through another training camp and expend the mental energy it takes to go into a huge main event fight.

THIS. and LOL @ Ferrozzo, you should manage fighters

Tito is coming off a huge emotional win for him. You could see after that fight all the weight that came off his shoulders im sure he isn't ready to jump right back into something like this. I believe if he had a recent win before bader he would have taken this fight no questions asked but I think he needs and deserves some recovery time mentally right now. Let the guy enjoy it. It's been a while and he was fighting to keep his job and you can't deny how much he loves his job. Phone Post

Dogman - 
The Notorious OMG - 
angryguy - Are you guys kidding me or are you drinking sum tito kool aid? If Tito truely wanted to takE the road to be lhw champ again then this would be the golden once in a lifetime reopportunity (yeah thats a drunkin word).

"IF" it is true that Tito passed on this Hyper drive to top contender then it blatenly obvious he has no desire to be champ again. Just wants to make a few more big money fight for himself ans family. And there is nothing wrong with that.

he just beat one of those guys last week. no point in taking a fight he knows he's not physically or mentally ready for.

he already fought rashad once and got the better of him, even though rashad was greased up in typical greg jackson fashion. I doubt he's scared of the dude, his body simply cannot go through another training camp and expend the mental energy it takes to go into a huge main event fight.

any manger with half a brain would tell Tito to take this fight if he can. Titos only reason so far for not taking this fight is "i have a life"

this fight is a clear path for him to get to number 1 contender. he jumps ahead of several guys with a win. not only that it he would headline a card. which tito wont be doing anytime soon. so maybe i should manage fighters, because you obviously cant see the upside to it.

this fight is perfect for him and i doubt even if he lost he would be cut. but now he is 4-5 wins away from getting to the belt instead of 2 9if he were to beat rashad)

for a guy that is 36 and hardly ever fights, he wont ever see the belt again. this was his last shot

FerrozzoFan - 
Dogman - 
The Notorious OMG - 

any manger with half a brain would tell Tito to take this fight if he can. Titos only reason so far for not taking this fight is "i have a life"

this fight is a clear path for him to get to number 1 contender. he jumps ahead of several guys with a win. not only that it he would headline a card. which tito wont be doing anytime soon. so maybe i should manage fighters, because you obviously cant see the upside to it.

this fight is perfect for him and i doubt even if he lost he would be cut. but now he is 4-5 wins away from getting to the belt instead of 2 9if he were to beat rashad)

for a guy that is 36 and hardly ever fights, he wont ever see the belt again. this was his last shot

This.

Back to back wins over bader and rashad would put him into the next title shot.

Goto made the right choice Rashad would have only ended his thunder right after he just won....he's won 2 fights in 5 years Bader and Shamrock....and if I was the ufc id rather have Machida vs Evans because Machida is an actual top contender.....Ortiz vs Bonnar, Vera, Matyushenko, Cane, Brill, Vermola all make more sense for tito

Jones, Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, Machida!

Does it really matter if Tito trains 5 or 8 weeks for any of those guys?

I have no doubt Jones and Shogun would finish him and Rampage, Rashad, and Machida would all win UDs at the very least.

But I do agree its a smart move in that he needs to build more momentum off teh Bader win.

But he is coming close to overplaying his cards again in that despite everything, he is still only a fight removed from losing a UD to Matt Hamill.

Brokeback and Ferrozze have no idea what it takes for an older athlete to prepare for a fight.<br />Mentally and physically

JediMMA - from Titos twitter:

"I have a life and things to take care of. The fight game is about making the right choices of my career. If you knew what i have been going through you all would understand. Peaking for a fight is what makes a fighter unstopable! Timing is everything in life. This is a rebuild year for me not do or die. The time will come again! #positive"

Truth