Tito vs Marvin Eastman?

Eastman said in an interview in grappling mag that he's trained with Tito a few times before and has no trouble taking Tito down or stuffing Tito's takedowns, I dunno if he's overexxagerating but that combined with his K1 level kickboxing should make an interesting fight

Eastman is an exciting fighter and that is exactly what you need against Tito.

if tito loses again holy shit!

Marvin is a badass and a state champion wrestler, he can compete with
Tito big time.

Tito look out because The East man is coming!

It should be Tito vs. Tiger.

They still owe him.

What is the source of this information?

Guys, Eastman is a lot better than everyone is commenting. Really he is. I am happy Vitor beat him. But a loss can come to anyone. Especially in this game.

Most importantly, if one loses to Vitor it does not mean that they suck. At that level, everyone is good. And Vitor can be dangerous for anyone.

Vitor is one of my favorite fighters. So it hurts me to say this. But I think a lot of guys in the top 10 have a chance of beating him. Not saying that they can, it is just that one never knows which Vitor Belfort is going to present himself on fight day. He is not as consistent. That being said, Vitor's fight record is still really impressive.

Back to the point, I would much rather see Guy v. Eastman, and Vernon v. Tito.

Guy v Eastman would be a good fight for eastman because it could help put him back on the map for a lot of the non-believers. Guy is a respected fighter even though he has not been impressing people lately. So a win over Guy could, in the eyes of the fans, put Eastman back in the "A" category of MMA.

Vernon v. Tito is good because Tito is good for the UFC. Help build him back up. Tito sells. Vernon is tough and respected. But the odds are good that Tito can pull this one off. Put a win back on his record. It will be good for Tito moral, and it will be good for the UFC.

Also, it will be good for both guy and tiger too. Give an opportunity to the Den again (even though I do not like the Den). Ken is also fighting. It is marketable. Most importantly, even though tito and eastman would be favored, guy and tiger could also pull the win.

Just my .02 cents.

This fight is a joke.  They are giving Tito a easy win.  Marvin is a good B level fighter.

According to some folks Randy and Chuck were supposed to be "easy wins" for Tito too. Wasn't BJ Penn supposed to be an "easy win" for Matt Hughes?

Man when are you guys going to learn anything can happen in a fight, especially at this level.

LOL at those who think that Eastman isn't good because he lost badly to Vitor. Remember Silva also lost badly to Vitor and Silva is a top level fighter. Vitor is badass, plain and simple.

Marvin is a lot better than people give him credit for, and is the type of fighter that Tito could really have problems with.  Tito was a very good wrestler, but Marvin was better in my opinion.  I knew Marvin in high school.  We wrestled in the same league, and he was one weight above me.  I have had plenty of opportunities to watch him wrestle, and I believe that he will have no problem stopping Tito's takedowns.  I do think Tito probably has better ground skills.  His stand up is very good, which could also really be a problem for Tito.  Belfort beat Marvin, but I would not say he tooled him.  He caught him.  Belfort did a great job, but if they fought again it would likely be much different.  Remember the Penn/Uno fights?  BJ dropped Uno is something like 11 seconds the first time, and the second it was ruled a draw.  This fight might not look very good to those who only know Marvin from his loss to Belfort, bt to those of us that know how good Marvin is, this looks to be an interesting fight.  I agree that Franklin deserves this fight, and I also agree that this is not a good fight for Tito.  Tito has been a huge draw for the UFC, and coming off two losses, he needs a win.  They could have given him an easier fight.

I don't think anyone but Silva, Rampage or a HW would make the haters happy.

Eastman gave it out some good punishment in K-1. He's got good wrestling as shown in the early Rampage fight.

this is a good matchup for two guys coming off a loss.

Is this fight signed yet?

I was impressed by Eastman in K-1. He was giving McDonanld problems.

Tough fight to predict, but I would rather see this fight than Mezger-Ortiz 3. I respect Mezger but I don't see why he should expect UFC to pay him what Ken gets.

Eastman is good but Rampage or Tito would handle him.

"Eastman is good but Rampage or Tito would handle him."

He already beat Rampage.

I like this fight. Eastman is tough. After getting the grand canyon of cuts on his head he wanted the fight to continue.

Lets hope not. I have to believe Tito would have to go with someone tougher. If he fights Eastman the only thing tito will hear is he can only beat Junk

Belfort DID tool Eastman.

The first strike he threw in the fight opened up that abyss on Eastman's forehead, and the second strike he threw put Eastman on the ground.

From there, he jumped into full mount and was hitting Eastman AT WILL. In my opinion, the ref saved Eastman's life that night. At the very least he saved him from looking like Nic Cage in the movie "Face Off".

If that was not a tooling, WTF is?