Ryann Von Doom -
MasterofMartialArts - 
OJTT_Wiggy -
MasterofMartialArts - 
OJTT_Wiggy -
Dogman - 

Lol "belts" in fake Rassl'in. Dumbest shit eva

"fake Rassl’in" is WAY more damaging to legit fighters than fighting is

That wasn’t his point, but it raises another point. Even if that’s true (I’m assuming you’re not referring to actual brain damage or the broken bones, dehydrating from cutting weight, scar tissue, injuries etc suffered by fighters in training and fights), don’t you think it’s even dumber to get hurt or injured/damaged for a fake belt? 

I would put CTE easily as big of a deal in pro wrestling as it is in fighting. It’s not as bad now as they try to be super careful about screening for it, but it’s still a very significant issue.

But injuries aside:

Pro wrestling and fighting are both entertainment businesses - they only matter if you can get butts in seats and eyeballs on video.

A belt in MMA is indicative of the most skilled & best fighter. A “fake belt” in pro wrestling is indicative (most of the time, depends on the booking) of the best entertainer.

A belt in MMA might show that you’re the best in your class, but it doesn’t mean people care. And if people don’t care, you don’t get paid - ask Demetrious Johnson.

A “fake belt” (again, most of the time) means you draw the most eyeballs. This means you also have the most earning power.

Even if you take top tier, “main event” talent out of the equation, I’d be willing to be that “mid card” pro wrestlers, when compared to “mid card” pro fighters, make more money, have more skills translatable to other forms of entertainment, are more marketable, and get way more exposure.

To act as if the belt is all that’s at play or matters here is a silly argument.

I don’t think I phrased my question properly or you possibly didn’t catch my sarcasm, but what I was really looking for was your explanation of how pro wrestlers take more damage than MMA fighters. 

300 days on the road, constant bumps is harder on the body than MMA. Ask anyone who’s done both, they always say the Prowrestling schedule and bumps are harder on the body.

You guys may be privy to information that I’m not, but I just don’t see it. I know a few fighters but I don’t know anyone who does both, and I probably never will lol. That seems pretty rare. I’m not referring to things like being on the road, I’m saying permanent damage to your body like repeated blows to the head. I would think that cutting weight alone for most fighters would be more damaging than anything for wrestlers. 

Ken Shamrock has said publicly that he got hurt way worse and more often doing pro wrestling than he did fighting.

As far as repeated blows to the head:

Sure, pro wrestlers aren’t getting legit punched or kicked in the head repeatedly (unless you’re in the ring with Nia Jax). However, while you’re taught to tuck your head to brace & protect your neck, it’s hard to keep your head from hitting the mat / floor / etc every time you’re slammed.

There’s a reason CTE is becoming a bigger & bigger issue with wrestlers.

You could also easily infer many psychological issues wrestlers have had (Chris Benoit being probably the most recognizable example) are / should be attributed to repeated, long-term head trauma.

And while rampant drug abuse in pro wrestling is a whole other topic, there is a reason the most abused drug is painkillers - just ask Kurt Angle.

MasterofMartialArts -
Ryann Von Doom -
MasterofMartialArts - 
OJTT_Wiggy -
MasterofMartialArts - 
OJTT_Wiggy -
Dogman - 

That wasn’t his point, but it raises another point. Even if that’s true (I’m assuming you’re not referring to actual brain damage or the broken bones, dehydrating from cutting weight, scar tissue, injuries etc suffered by fighters in training and fights), don’t you think it’s even dumber to get hurt or injured/damaged for a fake belt? 

I would put CTE easily as big of a deal in pro wrestling as it is in fighting. It’s not as bad now as they try to be super careful about screening for it, but it’s still a very significant issue.

But injuries aside:

Pro wrestling and fighting are both entertainment businesses - they only matter if you can get butts in seats and eyeballs on video.

A belt in MMA is indicative of the most skilled & best fighter. A “fake belt” in pro wrestling is indicative (most of the time, depends on the booking) of the best entertainer.

A belt in MMA might show that you’re the best in your class, but it doesn’t mean people care. And if people don’t care, you don’t get paid - ask Demetrious Johnson.

A “fake belt” (again, most of the time) means you draw the most eyeballs. This means you also have the most earning power.

Even if you take top tier, “main event” talent out of the equation, I’d be willing to be that “mid card” pro wrestlers, when compared to “mid card” pro fighters, make more money, have more skills translatable to other forms of entertainment, are more marketable, and get way more exposure.

To act as if the belt is all that’s at play or matters here is a silly argument.

I don’t think I phrased my question properly or you possibly didn’t catch my sarcasm, but what I was really looking for was your explanation of how pro wrestlers take more damage than MMA fighters. 

300 days on the road, constant bumps is harder on the body than MMA. Ask anyone who’s done both, they always say the Prowrestling schedule and bumps are harder on the body.

You guys may be privy to information that I’m not, but I just don’t see it. I know a few fighters but I don’t know anyone who does both, and I probably never will lol. That seems pretty rare. I’m not referring to things like being on the road, I’m saying permanent damage to your body like repeated blows to the head. I would think that cutting weight alone for most fighters would be more damaging than anything for wrestlers. 

Brock Lesnar, Dan Severn, King Mo, Ronda Rousey, Ken Shamrock, and CM Punk are all on record saying pro wrestling is harder on the body than MMA.  They all basically say the same thing, which is constant bumps with no real rest/recovery time and working through injuries.

Think of it this way.  If an MMA fighter tweaks his back, he can either rest it or train mitts or cardio for a few days until it feels better.  If a wrestler tweaks his back, they have to go out the next night and get slammed more, plus pick up and slam their fellow wrestlers with that same bad back. Also, there are dozens of wrestlers with their necks fused due to the wear and tear of having to tuck their chins every time they took a bump.  How many MMA guys have had their necks fused?

Weight cutting isnt healthy, but a guy cutting twenty to thirty pounds two or three times a year is going to be a lot better off health wise than a 200+ pound guy landing on his back a hundred or so times a month.

MMA fans are not fickle at all, frankly. We’re incredible consistent in the fact that we’ll cheer for what we find fun/exciting and boo the shit out of everything else. Do we have unrealistic expectations, hoping that every fight is a war? Yeah, sure.

I don’t know her, have not followed wrassling since the Attitude days… but she is right. Who is more fickle than MMA fans? You seeit every time on here. After a win Fighter X is THE man, in line to be GOAT and whatnot. After a loss, Fighter Y was never that good, overrated, had wins against over the hill guys, etc.

OJTT_Wiggy -
MasterofMartialArts - 
Ryann Von Doom -
MasterofMartialArts - 
OJTT_Wiggy -
MasterofMartialArts - 
OJTT_Wiggy -
Dogman - 

But injuries aside:

Ken Shamrock has said publicly that he got hurt way worse and more often doing pro wrestling than he did fighting.

Sure, pro wrestlers aren’t getting legit punched or kicked in the head repeatedly (unless you’re in the ring with Nia Jax). However, while you’re taught to tuck your head to brace & protect your neck, it’s hard to keep your head from hitting the mat / floor / etc every time you’re slammed.

You could also easily infer many psychological issues wrestlers have had (Chris Benoit being probably the most recognizable example) are / should be attributed to repeated, long-term head trauma.

And while rampant drug abuse in pro wrestling is a whole other topic, there is a reason the most abused drug is painkillers - just ask Kurt Angle.

Great points, but I think its important to remember we’re talking about two of the most brutal sports that exist as far as damage to your body goes.  Its like watching two people jump off of roofs next to eachother.  One guy jumps from 25 feet up and the other guy jumps from 27 feet up.  They are both going to be fucked up, discussing which one is more fucked up is going to come down to which one happened to land better this time. Nobody walks away unharmed.

But it’s real to me dammit

MasterofMartialArts -
Ryann Von Doom -
MasterofMartialArts - 
OJTT_Wiggy -
MasterofMartialArts - 
OJTT_Wiggy -
Dogman - 

But injuries aside:

You’re either thick in the head or are choosing not to grasp the obvious.

MasterofMartialArts - 
Ryann Von Doom -
MasterofMartialArts - 
OJTT_Wiggy -
MasterofMartialArts - 
OJTT_Wiggy -
Dogman - 

But injuries aside:

People don’t realize that prowrestlers are falling on a hardwood floor [there’s wooden slabs under the mat to make the moves sound more powerful then they are] A body slam hurt so you can’t imagine a big move like a suplex or a power bomb or coming off the top rope will hurt crashing onto that surface. There’s a reason Daniel Bryan has had over 20 concussion in his career.

Give her a goldberg gimmick its the only way

Wait, did Ronda Force the WWE to hire shayna? I will say this, Ronda is loyal to a fault

Baszler was in wwe before Rousey

Shayna is better than Ronda, IMO.

Crazy. What happened with Ronda?I don't follow wwe

OJTT_Wiggy -
MasterofMartialArts - 
Ryann Von Doom -
MasterofMartialArts - 
OJTT_Wiggy -
MasterofMartialArts - 
OJTT_Wiggy -
Dogman - 

But injuries aside:

Good to know and very interesting, and I wasn’t being purposely obtuse or idiotic. I was being sarcastic but at the same time I know nothing about what goes on with pro wrestling athletes. I’ve followed MMA for just over a decade so the possibility than almost anything is harder on the body is beyond my comprehension. I wonder how much weight cutting changes the conversation. 

darkness66 - 

Wait, did Ronda Force the WWE to hire shayna? I will say this, Ronda is loyal to a fault

Shayna’s been in NXT for a while now and is why Ronda came over to the WWE. Your idiocy knows no bounds.

Shayna hasn’t won an mma fight since 2012. Retired in 2017. 5 years without a win. I don’t put much stock in what she thinks.

darkness66 - 

They signed Baszler to entice Ronda. They even signed Jessamyn and Shaffir [last I heard they weren’t too impressed with her]

Jessamyn and Shaffir are fucking disgusting nobodys with zero talent in either MMA or pro wresting. Talk about riding your famous friends coat tails.

Wow. Did they steal your lunch money? That sounded bitter

Mr Karate -
darkness66 - 

They signed Baszler to entice Ronda. They even signed Jessamyn and Shaffir [last I heard they weren’t too impressed with her]

You heard wrong.  They are very impressed with her