Trivia time (pic)

Was it Ken Shammy?

No it wasn`t Ken.

Hint) This fighter wasn`t suspended for what he did in the cage but what he did out of the cage & it happened in Puerto Rico.

Tank, for trying to fight Alan Goes, I think, in the crowd at UFC 8.

1 Like

Bam there it is the correct answer.It was Tank Abbott at UFC 8 where he confronted and possibly fought Allan Goes in the crowd.He was suspended for a year & couldn`t fight until UFC 10.

More info …Tank and Goes sparred together & Goes ended up armbarring Tank a few times in training & supposedly did well against him.Allen went on to brag about the occasion & this pissed Tank off & so Tank confronted him when he saw him.

This incident was brought on more or less from Tanks girlfriend at the time.Big John McCarthys wife & Tank`s girlfriend had words & Tank threatened BJM wife.Big John retaliated against Tank & threatened to quit.So SEG had Tank apologize to BJM wife & things got smoothed out.

Nice job & feel free to ask a question.

4 Likes

well done. This is exactly correct.

I can`t embed the video but Tank talks about in this thread and there is a little footage of the fight.You can spot Dan The Wolfman in the first video.

https://forums.mixedmartialarts.com/t/tank-abbott-allangoes-waliid-ismail-incidents/1907953

Dennisv isn`t asking a question so I will ask…

Who did Tank try & throw out of the cage?

Cal Worthington

3 Likes

and his dog spottt

1 Like

But,but Cal Worthingtons dog spot wasnt a dog it was a tiger,lion or a monkey that was in his commercials.

1 Like

truff

I`m glad that you decided to join the new forum HKP.You are a valuable member.Make sure that you change your settings to watching instead of tracking so you can keep track of every thread that you post in.
You can also change what it says by our name (pro member) if you contact Chris.I have not changed mine yet.

3 Likes

I cant remember if they had odds out at the time,but the first time they fought the champion was the underdog (at least by the concensus at the time) Its only happened twice that I can remember,but who was the 1st champion in the UFC to be the underdog? and who was it against?

1 Like

when BJ Penn fought Jens Pulver?

2 Likes

Exellent answer Wombat.It was Jens & BJ Penn.

Alright. How about this one: These two fighters fought each other twice on the same night and each one won once.

Sakuraba and Conan Silviera?

3 Likes

You are correct sir. Although, truthfully, the first match was declared a no contest so Conan didn’t win the first one. He just lost the second one.

Here’s an easy one: The time a fighter was submitted twice in the same fight.

That one I don`t know or have a guess.

*I did see it happen at WEC with Brian Sleeman.

Hint: This fight may be the reason Rousimar Palhares would not let go of submissions.