UFC only on espn ?

tbi0904 - 

There's nothing wrong with ESPN+ as a streaming platform. If you guys have shitty picture quality your internet provider sucks. 

Something isn’t right. What are you using to stream?

The ESPN+ quality is excellent, it blows fight pass out of the water. It is crystal clear. So something isn’t quite right with your set up or maybe the device you use ESPN has’t given much attention to yet.

Been a fan since 2008. As other here ordered pretty much every ppv since. The jones shit had me close but after this espn deal im watching ill just keep up occasionally by lurking on forums and seeing clips. Big fights maybe ill watch a perfectly legal stream. Just tired of all the bullshit trying to leech every fucking cent from there fans. Cya ufc you fucked the pooch your usa fanbase is gonna take a hit but they dont care there on ESPN which is also a slowly dying network. 

Used old WWF pricing model.

Now moved to new WWE subscription model.

But kept old WWF PPV model.

Wait wat?

aint stickin shit into anything when want watch tv.UFC sucks I am done

Mr Spliff - 

So for five bucks a month I now have the opportunity to pay sixty bucks for some watered down ppv? What a deal

ufc cards have 2 worthy ppv fights 3 at most …and onw we have to pay to pay ? gtfoh and plug shit in to ur tv ??UFC blows

Ruckus24 - 

Been a fan since 2008. As other here ordered pretty much every ppv since. The jones shit had me close but after this espn deal im watching ill just keep up occasionally by lurking on forums and seeing clips. Big fights maybe ill watch a perfectly legal stream. Just tired of all the bullshit trying to leech every fucking cent from there fans. Cya ufc you fucked the pooch your usa fanbase is gonna take a hit but they dont care there on ESPN which is also a slowly dying network. 

this and good posts all around

HAMMER - 

ESPN + deal has killed it for me...I would watch the majority of the UFC fights on Fox/Spike/etc and once in awhile order a PPV...Now with having to subscribe to ESPN + and ‘stream’ everything (I fail at tech stuff/can’t even figure out how to download and app on my phone)...Goodbye UFC!!!  I will watch the highlights after on Youtube/Reditt/etc.   UFC/ESPN YOU FUCKED IT UP FOR OLD SCHOOL FANS!!!!

truedat

Target_the_Gash - 
lamedroid -
Target_the_Gash -

The funny thing is they are only doing this to us US fans, the ones that have been here since the beginning, the ones that have given them truckloads of cash over the last 25 years. all of this shit is a giant 'fuck you' to US fans. Still to this very day they are milking us for every single penny they can hoover out of your pocket while most of the rest of their markets don't have to deal with any of this shit. I don't know about the rest of you but I don't like being singled out to be shit on..

Oh boohoo what a wet towel you are. Are they taking your money or are you giving it to them?

There have been fans before you and many non-us as well. And guess what...I can't even get espn+ over here

Also I used to give them my money but since UFC 220 where they increased the price I have not been. They pissed me off with the constant price increases, platform jumping, and nosediving level of quality in fights. 

Sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand and I drew mine. I don't feel bad about streaming things because I'm not stealing shit I'm just watching cable TV at a friend's house in the UK or Canada. If they don't want people to stream shit stop charging us in the US an arm and a leg while you give shit away on the cheap to everyone else. Either give everyone the shaft or watch as the reasonably intelligent tune in to BTSport.

i agree .

The blunt truth is complaining about the exclusive availability of MMA on streaming services in a day where most people with a brain aren’t paying for greatly overpriced cable TV packages is little more than backward thinking.

That’s not to mention the simplicity of using such services, consider they’re available on literally every device you can think of, including PS4, Xbox, Roku, Windows/OSX computers, Chromecast, and pretty much every SmartTV OS (Android, FireTV) out there.

For those of us who are old school enough to remember the “dark days” of the UFC, this should be embraced, not rejected.

My only guess why some might reject it is they aren’t allowed anything but cable TV access in their nursing home. :wink:

ZuFFA/WME/Endevour’s hand is so far into our pockets these days that I am not sure if that’s them holding on to my balls.

Ministry of Truth - For those of us who are old school enough to remember the "dark days" of the UFC, this should be embraced, not rejected.

My only guess why some might reject it is they aren’t allowed anything but cable TV access in their nursing home. :wink:

You make some good points, but there are legit reasons to reject ESPN+. The main one (which could change) is ESPN+ is 720p and has shitty streaming quality.

Another legit reason is a lot of us are tired of tacking on one more monthly fee (even if it’s 5$). They already did this with Fight Pass. By the time you tack up internet service, streaming services, and maybe HBO, you can get fed up with being nickle and dimed to death. It makes it so you really consider what each $5 monthly service provides, and wether or not it’s really worth it.

Then take into consideration the UFC is has turned into a circus where shit talking is the best way to a title. This is hyperbole of course, but the sport is heading in a shitty direction IMO. So taking a stand and not forking overy your money is the best way to let them know.

TexDeuce -
tbi0904 - 

There's nothing wrong with ESPN+ as a streaming platform. If you guys have shitty picture quality your internet provider sucks. 

Something isn’t right. What are you using to stream?

The ESPN+ quality is excellent, it blows fight pass out of the water. It is crystal clear. So something isn’t quite right with your set up or maybe the device you use ESPN has’t given much attention to yet.

No my ESPN+ picture quality has been great. Use it to watch UFC, TR & hockey. I was referring to people saying ESPN’s picture quality sucks. I experienced the opposite so far.

derekbob - 
Ministry of Truth - For those of us who are old school enough to remember the "dark days" of the UFC, this should be embraced, not rejected.

You make some good points, but there are legit reasons to reject ESPN+. The main one (which could change) is ESPN+ is 720p and has shitty streaming quality.

Another legit reason is a lot of us are tired of tacking on one more monthly fee (even if it’s 5$). They already did this with Fight Pass. By the time you tack up internet service, streaming services, and maybe HBO, you can get fed up with being nickle and dimed to death. It makes it so you really consider what each $5 monthly service provides, and wether or not it’s really worth it.

Then take into consideration the UFC is has turned into a circus where shit talking is the best way to a title. This is hyperbole of course, but the sport is heading in a shitty direction IMO. So taking a stand and not forking overy your money is the best way to let them know.

ufc can kiss my ass I aint paying a dime per month and im not going out of my way to do it too.When i watch tv i turn the tv omn and change the channels not plug some bs in and stream or watch on computor gtfoh.Im glad theres still nba on tv and other sports

derekbob - 

I watch it on a 65" and considering the price, it looks good to me. It has buffered a few times during broadcasts, but that’s my only complaint.

I don’t pay for cable and I only use streaming services for all my viewing needs. Each month, I spend around 80% less than the cost of rather basic cable TV and am able to view enough content to keep me happy and never look back.

Winston Wolf - 
derekbob - 

ufc can kiss my ass I aint paying a dime per month and im not going out of my way to do it too.When i watch tv i turn the tv omn and change the channels not plug some bs in and stream or watch on computor gtfoh.Im glad theres still nba on tv and other sports

Are you elderly? Maybe your grandson/granddaughter could help you set up a streaming service.

So if you have ESPN+, but no cable or satellite, can you watch UFC events on regular ESPN?

Can you watch Formula 1 on ESPN+?

Winston Wolf -
derekbob - 

Damn straight! If I can’t call my cable company on my rotary phone to order the PPV and find the channel to watch it by using the knob on my 30" Zenith TV with wood paneling, I’m done with the UFC! 

I remeber when I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you’d say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones…

Ministry of Truth - 
Winston Wolf - 
derekbob - 

Are you elderly? Maybe your grandson/granddaughter could help you set up a streaming service.

i had one and didnt like it .maybe Ill try again

Ministry of Truth -
derekbob - 

I watch it on a 65" and considering the price, it looks good to me. It has buffered a few times during broadcasts, but that’s my only complaint.

I don’t pay for cable and I only use streaming services for all my viewing needs. Each month, I spend around 80% less than the cost of rather basic cable TV and am able to view enough content to keep me happy and never look back.

I watch on a projector and 120in screen. It sucks and you’re right about the buffering as well. 

“For the price” is a silly thing to say since it’s the only way to buy the ppv now. Sure it was fine for $5, but it’s now that $5 plus the new $60 price for ppv. That’s what I paid for HD before. This isn’t HD and it fucking buffers quite a bit. Nothing else I stream buffers. My speed always comes in around 100mbps. It’s a shitty platform.

You guys keep sucking their dicks and telling anyone that disagrees that they’re old and dumb, when the reality is the product is shittier, the platform is shittier, and I’m now required to pay a small membership fee just for the privilege of ordering a ppv on a shitty platform. Why is it dumb to ask for better service and a better product? Do you guys accept shit sandwiches in every other facet of your lives?