UFC only on espn ?

Lurker99 -
TexDeuce - 
Lurker99 -
TexDeuce - 
Smirk -

The older fans need to learn how to work email first before they figure out ESPN+

I'm wondering if these old guys just don't understand technology. I've seen an alarming number of comments where people have no idea what streaming to the TV is or how to do it.

I never missed an event from '99 until the fightpass era. The only PPV in that time frame I didn't buy was one where Rashad was a main event in a non-title fight. Ended up watching the fights after the fact online the next morning. 

Enter this multi-platform BS of Facebook+Fightpass+Fuel+FS+Whatever... It got really fucking annoying. Once my "streak" was broke, it became easier and easier to miss fights. It WAS an addiction, then became a habbit, and is now moving into an after thought. 

I have transitioned into only watching the big shows (or the main card portion) of events. I was still buying PPV's though. If it's a fight I WANT to see, I have no problem payng for the convenience of ordering it with my remote and watching in full HD. The moment I was forced to hook ANY device up to my TV for a lower quality stream, it is just as easy to stream it from other sources in the same if not better quality. The same as I would a boxing event with only one fight worth watching.

It is what it is. The great thing about being post Zuffa is the quality and reliability of sources to those streams has gone up. 

You are over complicating things significantly.

$13.50 a month (one lunch at a restaurant) gets you ESPN+ and DAZN. UFC, Bellator, and most the big boxing fights.

You literally stick one device into your TV and it works like your phone apps crystal clear HD.

It is actually really simple, and cheap for the amount of content if you love fighting. Sure we wish everything is free. But it isn't.

You can buy a few PPV's and stream the others. Or steal everything. Up to you.

No... it WAS simple. When I could watch prelims on Spike and then PPV on Dish. THAT was simple. Any room in the house and I was good to go. Whether I wanted to watch in my bedroom, living room, rec room, etc. 

You say stick one device into my TV? Exactly. So I now need a device for EACH TV unless I want to physically unplug and move a firestick or buy one for each TV. Also, for whatever reason, the ESPN+ APP doesn't show up as available on my bedroom TV, living room TV, or kitchen. The only one that has it as an option is my rec room TV. Also, often times I'm running late coming home... under the old way, it was easy and convenient for me to grab the remote and start it from the beginning in my DVR and then skip commercials and such as they pop up until I am caught up with live TV. I doubt it's as easy as that these days. 

It's not the price of "one lunch at a restraunt" that is the problem. As I said in another thread already, I carried a Dish subscription JUST FOR the access to MMA and PPV. I canceled that already because it won't be used now. THis move will be saving me quite a bit of money. It wasn't about the cost for me... it was about the convenience. I am not into watching shit on a tiny screen, and if I am streaming ANY device to my TV, the other means are simply easier and more convenient to me.

I've paid for the WWE network for several years now despite it only being used occasionally. I have Amazon Prime and don't watch it at all. I also have Netflix and Hulu which DO get used often. The difference? Every single one of those is avilable in ever room in my house without any other accounts, switching between shit, or extra devices and remotes other than the one that came with the TV. 

No I just open the ESPN app on my TV in my room or in my living room and watch the fights. Don't need another device. Works on all my tvs. Super easy. 

Eskimo - 
Ministry of Truth -
derekbob - 
Ministry of Truth - For those of us who are old school enough to remember the "dark days" of the UFC, this should be embraced, not rejected.

My only guess why some might reject it is they aren’t allowed anything but cable TV access in their nursing home. :wink:

You make some good points, but there are legit reasons to reject ESPN+. The main one (which could change) is ESPN+ is 720p and has shitty streaming quality.

Another legit reason is a lot of us are tired of tacking on one more monthly fee (even if it’s 5$). They already did this with Fight Pass. By the time you tack up internet service, streaming services, and maybe HBO, you can get fed up with being nickle and dimed to death. It makes it so you really consider what each $5 monthly service provides, and wether or not it’s really worth it.

Then take into consideration the UFC is has turned into a circus where shit talking is the best way to a title. This is hyperbole of course, but the sport is heading in a shitty direction IMO. So taking a stand and not forking overy your money is the best way to let them know.

I watch it on a 65" and considering the price, it looks good to me. It has buffered a few times during broadcasts, but that’s my only complaint.

I don’t pay for cable and I only use streaming services for all my viewing needs. Each month, I spend around 80% less than the cost of rather basic cable TV and am able to view enough content to keep me happy and never look back.

I watch on a projector and 120in screen. It sucks and you’re right about the buffering as well. 

“For the price” is a silly thing to say since it’s the only way to buy the ppv now. Sure it was fine for $5, but it’s now that $5 plus the new $60 price for ppv. That’s what I paid for HD before. This isn’t HD and it fucking buffers quite a bit. Nothing else I stream buffers. My speed always comes in around 100mbps. It’s a shitty platform.

You guys keep sucking their dicks and telling anyone that disagrees that they’re old and dumb, when the reality is the product is shittier, the platform is shittier, and I’m now required to pay a small membership fee just for the privilege of ordering a ppv on a shitty platform. Why is it dumb to ask for better service and a better product? Do you guys accept shit sandwiches in every other facet of your lives?

thats a vu

FingerorMoon - 

Used old WWF pricing model.

Now moved to new WWE subscription model.

But kept old WWF PPV model.

Wait wat?

Winston Wolf -
derekbob - 
Ministry of Truth - For those of us who are old school enough to remember the "dark days" of the UFC, this should be embraced, not rejected.

My only guess why some might reject it is they aren’t allowed anything but cable TV access in their nursing home. :wink:

You make some good points, but there are legit reasons to reject ESPN+. The main one (which could change) is ESPN+ is 720p and has shitty streaming quality.

Another legit reason is a lot of us are tired of tacking on one more monthly fee (even if it’s 5$). They already did this with Fight Pass. By the time you tack up internet service, streaming services, and maybe HBO, you can get fed up with being nickle and dimed to death. It makes it so you really consider what each $5 monthly service provides, and wether or not it’s really worth it.

Then take into consideration the UFC is has turned into a circus where shit talking is the best way to a title. This is hyperbole of course, but the sport is heading in a shitty direction IMO. So taking a stand and not forking overy your money is the best way to let them know.

ufc can kiss my ass I aint paying a dime per month and im not going out of my way to do it too.When i watch tv i turn the tv omn and change the channels not plug some bs in and stream or watch on computor gtfoh.Im glad theres still nba on tv and other sports

You’re making it sound way more complicated than it is. Opening an app is no more complicated than turning on your cable box. Have another prune juice, old man.

tbi0904 - 
Winston Wolf -
derekbob - 

ufc can kiss my ass I aint paying a dime per month and im not going out of my way to do it too.When i watch tv i turn the tv omn and change the channels not plug some bs in and stream or watch on computor gtfoh.Im glad theres still nba on tv and other sports

You’re making it sound way more complicated than it is. Opening an app is no more complicated than turning on your cable box. Have another prune juice, old man.

i have no clue how to use an app to my tv and apparently im not the only none not doing it.I know how on the phone and computor .I also only have 1 smart tv

Eskimo - 
Ministry of Truth -
derekbob - 

I watch it on a 65" and considering the price, it looks good to me. It has buffered a few times during broadcasts, but that’s my only complaint.

I don’t pay for cable and I only use streaming services for all my viewing needs. Each month, I spend around 80% less than the cost of rather basic cable TV and am able to view enough content to keep me happy and never look back.

I watch on a projector and 120in screen. It sucks and you’re right about the buffering as well. 

“For the price” is a silly thing to say since it’s the only way to buy the ppv now. Sure it was fine for $5, but it’s now that $5 plus the new $60 price for ppv. That’s what I paid for HD before. This isn’t HD and it fucking buffers quite a bit. Nothing else I stream buffers. My speed always comes in around 100mbps. It’s a shitty platform.

You guys keep sucking their dicks and telling anyone that disagrees that they’re old and dumb, when the reality is the product is shittier, the platform is shittier, and I’m now required to pay a small membership fee just for the privilege of ordering a ppv on a shitty platform. Why is it dumb to ask for better service and a better product? Do you guys accept shit sandwiches in every other facet of your lives?

You’re acting like a helpless consumer.

The service launched less than 1 year ago, and had maybe a bit more than a million subscribers before the UFC deal. They’ve been improving the service since the launch and will likely continue to.

It’s $5; it could easily be more expensive and will likely increase when they bring up the quality. Of course, that will give you all a new reason to complain so there’s no winning in this situation.

The key improvement is with ESPN+ we now have a single point where you can watch early prelims, prelims, and then main card whether it’s PPV or not and you all can still find reasons to complain. Hilarious.

lildragonof -

I think the PPVs are going to be a little cheaper than they are now. 

I do not believe this for one single second, and ai would think someone has been lying to you!

Nothing gets cheaper. Ever. Nothing. At least not in the USA.

Ministry of Truth - 
Eskimo - 
Ministry of Truth -
derekbob - 

The service launched less than 1 year ago, and had maybe a bit more than a million subscribers before the UFC deal. They’ve been improving the service since the launch and will likely continue to.

It’s $5; it could easily be more expensive and will likely increase when they bring up the quality. Of course, that will give you all a new reason to complain so there’s no winning in this situation.

The key improvement is with ESPN+ we now have a single point where you can watch early prelims, prelims, and then main card whether it’s PPV or not and you all can still find reasons to complain. Hilarious.

not the money nobody wants to add an app to a tv u want turn the tv on and change the channel

Ministry of Truth -
Eskimo - 
Ministry of Truth -
derekbob - 

Not helpless at all, I canceled it and fightpass. The $5 means nothing to me, I already pay to stream hbo, showtime, Netflix, and was paying for fightpass. It’s that the platform sucks and now it’s the only way to watch ppv’s. I’m not buying a ppv that buffers during the fights and has a 720p picture. If that’s cool to you, then buy them. 

I also think this deal is really bad for the fighters. ESPN bought the ppv’s at a guaranteed rate of 500,000 buys per show. If it only sells 200,000 that’s espn’s problem, the ufc still gets paid. You seem to think you’re pretty smart, so what do you think this will do to the product? What incentive does the ufc have now put big fights together? 

You truly sound like a boot licker in this thread. This is the viewing version of the Reebok deal. It only benefits the ufc, while shitting on the fans and fighters.

it sucks and as along time fan im hoping they read this

in order to open an app on your tv don’t you need to buy a new “smart tv”?

Nick Diaz still GOAT - in order to open an app on your tv don't you need to buy a new "smart tv"?

You don’t need one. I have one but it’s older so it only has the most popular ones. 

You can get a Fire Stick, Chromecast or Roku for $30-40 bucks. 

Also if you have an Xbox One or PS4 the app is on those. If you have any smart device such as an iPhone, tablet, or laptop then you can get it. 

tbi0904 -
TexDeuce -
tbi0904 - 

There's nothing wrong with ESPN+ as a streaming platform. If you guys have shitty picture quality your internet provider sucks. 

Something isn’t right. What are you using to stream?

The ESPN+ quality is excellent, it blows fight pass out of the water. It is crystal clear. So something isn’t quite right with your set up or maybe the device you use ESPN has’t given much attention to yet.

No my ESPN+ picture quality has been great. Use it to watch UFC, TR & hockey. I was referring to people saying ESPN’s picture quality sucks. I experienced the opposite so far.

Yeah I’m not sure what everyone is using in terms of devices, but it looks great on my TV, iPad, iPhone and on my Asus laptop. In fact my laptop is top notch, probably the highest quality. 

MasterofMartialArts -
tbi0904 -
TexDeuce -
tbi0904 - 

There's nothing wrong with ESPN+ as a streaming platform. If you guys have shitty picture quality your internet provider sucks. 

The ESPN+ quality is excellent, it blows fight pass out of the water. It is crystal clear. So something isn’t quite right with your set up or maybe the device you use ESPN has’t given much attention to yet.

No my ESPN+ picture quality has been great. Use it to watch UFC, TR & hockey. I was referring to people saying ESPN’s picture quality sucks. I experienced the opposite so far.

Yeah I’m not sure what everyone is using in terms of devices, but it looks great on my TV, iPad, iPhone and on my Asus laptop. In fact my laptop is top notch, probably the highest quality. 

Yeah that’s because it’s a small screen. It’s 720p and it looks like shit on any large screen. It also buffers quite a bit. 

last firestick i had sucked buffer every other second Not doing that to watch sports.I like everyone else want turn the tv on and change channel nothing less nothing more To go from regular tv to ordering some bull crap package to pay more is crap Im done with ufc Ill watch on youtube

can u dvr the from espn  ?? this is a downgrade

I don't mind having to use ESPN+. But I do mind the FireTv version of the app telling me I'm logged in somewhere else and making me login over and over to connect to an event. It took about 10 tries for the last card to let me in. 

Winston Wolf -

can u dvr the from espn  ?? this is a downgrade

You can rewatch any of the past events if that's what you're asking.  And fire tvs suck for anyone mentioning those.  Get an Apple TV 4k or Roku Ultra, hardwired ethernet to your router and you will not have issues.  

Eskimo -
MasterofMartialArts -
tbi0904 -
TexDeuce -
tbi0904 - 

Yeah that’s because it’s a small screen. It’s 720p and it looks like shit on any large screen. It also buffers quite a bit. 

65 inch looks just fine on my end. No buffering issues for me either.