UG Official - Fury VS Usyk Live Fight Companion

A significant number of people in threads about heavyweight boxing make this argument on a regular basis.

STRANGE Video Surfaces!? Fury vs Usyk Fight RIGGED?"

RP_MMA Youtube

GOLD.

2 Likes
1 Like

Because they are ignorant. Being ā€œsmallerā€ in itself isnā€™t automatically a disadvantage.

If you see in the footage above, Dempsey is not overpowered in the clinch and he was one of the hardest punchers ever.

Youā€™re right, it was a clean 1-2 and Fury did walk into it bit. Still though, I think Furyā€™s punch resistance looked lower than what it used to be. Every time Usyk touched him his expression changed. Heā€™s shown a better poker face in the past. Iā€™m not making excuses for Fury, I just think it should be recognized that Fury lost a piece of himself fighting Wilder 3 times.

Would the result be any different if Fury had never fought Wilder? Impossible to say and irrelevant. The right man won the fight and Usyk has become the top pound for pound boxer with the win without a doubt. And I think he beats Fury in a rematch.

1 Like

They donā€™t do the standing 8 count anymore in the pros. At least most places donā€™t.

The referee started counting because the ropes held Fury up from going to the ground. So it was immediately considered a knockdown at that point and the count starts.

1 Like

You can wear out one body part faster than others. ā€œSome milesā€ is an understatement. Heā€™s been fighting his whole life, and heā€™s sparring and fighting heavyweights. Thatā€™s like 20+ years of heavy head trauma. That can def wear out your chin.

1 Like

I didnt see the Bellew fight thanks. Yes, I know Fury was the Undertaker in Wilder I.

Against AJ too he had AJ in trouble until the (early?) bell

If Usyk retired now would he have a claim to GOAT?

1 Like

Usyk seems like he is one step ahead of his opponents
Heā€™s calculated, and head and shoulders above anyone in the division

2 Likes

Absolutely not in the light most favorable to him. I wonder if both he and Fury both retired tomorrow who would be viewed more favorably. Usyk beat Joshua x 2, and Fury. Fury beat Wilder x2 (3) and Kilitchko.

1 Like

People were arguing Fury was before.

Usyk beat him and now Fury wasnā€™t ever shit and therefore Usyk isnā€™t an all time great either?

Heā€™s the goat of his division of active Cruiser/HWā€™S

Neither would make my top 10 all time and I donā€™t really see how anyone could rationally make an argument about top 5? Ali, Louis, Holyfield, Lewis, Rocky and Holmes all have significantly more impressive resumes. Wladmir Kilitchko had more longevity and was a 2 time champion but fought in a weak era. His best wins were against over the hill contenders and guys like McCline and Sam Peter. Frazier and Foreman both had relatively short reigns but more spectacular wins than either Fury or Usyk. Mike Tyson doesnā€™t have any wins as good as Kilitchko or Joshua on his resume imo but he was an undisputed champion and had 2 very impressive runs.

2 Likes

Ref took his sweet ass time letting him recover after the count, which is my main issue.

1 Like

^^^^ any chance the excitement had you misjudging time ?

1 Like

Chill out bro, itā€™s taxing on poor tommy

1 Like