UG Official - Fury VS Usyk Live Fight Companion

lol wut? He was an in the Olympics in 2012. You know that’s on tv right? He was heavyweight champion of the world, you are aware of that correct? Do you think I’m a Roberto Duran fan because I have some affinity for Panama? I don’t. Also if it was up to me I wouldn’t send another nickel of US taxpayer money to Ukraine. Nevertheless, Usyk (and Lmomochenko) are both absolutely awesome.

5 Likes

I thought the advice in Fury’s corner the last couple of rounds was not on the mark.

His dad was telling him 2 more rounds and he was the winner. Don’t take any chaces.

I was thinking he needed the “we need these rounds strong” type of talk/advice.

7 Likes
1 Like

I don’t think Usyk beats Lennox.

3 Likes

Lennox might be the single best heavyweight ever.

3 Likes

Unfair to Usyk that he beats the best of his era, and goes undefeated to say he’s not in the conversation to be all time great.

Ali has plenty of L’s. Are you saying Usyk wouldnt stand a change against Larry Holmes?

I didnt think Rahman could beat Lennox either…

2 Likes

Alright to clarify I’m not arguing that Usyk is the GOAT. Just that he deserves to be in the argument as ONE OF the best of all time.

Joshua and Fury are huge. I think it’s possible one of those two beat some top guys on the all time list and Usyk beat them both. That deserves quite a bit of respect.

2 Likes

On his best day, I think I would probably favor him to beat anyone else on their best day. His combination of size, athleticism, skill and power is unmatched. When he was on his game, nobody was getting past that jab and that vicious right hand. He had a mean streak too in the ring.

4 Likes

And Kid Blackie would have bummed both of them.

2 marks he has against him are that he was KOed twice by journeymen in his prime or close to it (Rahman was certainly when he was in his prime).

Mercer also arguably beat him but Ray was damn good on the days he decided to actually show up - apparently someone from Mercer’s team said he knew he was taking the Lewis fight seriously because he was training by running laps around his hotel room. Seriously.

1 Like

That’s why I said “best day”. He was prone to lapses in concentration. Mercer was his toughest fight.

1 Like

Very little in fist fighting is actually fair, even in a a sport. The old add adage is ‘to be the best you have to beat the best.’ It’s a combination of ability, longevity, competition faced, and coming back from adversity

You often hear Dempsey in the discussion but you never hear Tunney. Tunney had 1 title defense after rematch with Jack and so he’s not in the discussion. Homes was champion for over 7 and a half years the second longest behind the GOAT, Joe Louis. Ability is highly subjective. A lot of people outright dismissed Marciano because he looked clumsy to most observers compared to guys like Louis, Walcott, Charles and Moore but he beat all of them and stayed undefeated. Usyk is good. I think he’d have a chance against a lot of good heavyweights all time. I think I’d definitely favor Holmes in his prime. Usyk is tough and very skilled but he is not fast. Holmes had maybe the best jab ever and could box really well. He’s also a bigger puncher than Usyk.

2 Likes

Interesting and crazy impressive fact. This was the first fight for the undisputed heavyweight championship since 1990 that did not feature Evander Holyfield as one of the combatants. He fought in 7 fights over the course of his career for the undisputed HW Crown.

6 Likes

I thought Evan Fields had fought for the undisputed championship in that timeframe? :thinking:

1 Like

Incredible fight and battle. Anyone calling it a fake fight can fuck off.

Just like those idiots that said Fury had “egg weights” in his gloves vs Wilder.

Fuck off.

The only cheating were Fury’s punches to the back of the head that Usyk called out many times

Usyk kissed a crucifix he didn’t use an inhaler

6 Likes

He was clickbaiting

Do all your news sources consist only of clickbait conspiracy theory YouTubers?

4 Likes