Valdosta Fight Results

To add to what I'm justa girl said about Kenneth-

Yes he has potential, I liked him in the ring a lot. He was very strong, in great shape, he felt like an athlete, i couldn't throw him, which i can usually do to a guy my size, i had to resort to other methods to get the job done to get him down. He hit harder than me, and was very balanced on his feet. He said he was going to continue training with Cam, and for that i was very happy. I too hope to train with him soon. He worked very hard to prepare for the fight, as did I. I am very proud to have won a match against a fighter of his caliber, we are both on the bottom level of amateur mma here in ga, but i think all GA ams. would be proud of our performance. It was an excellent match up and a fight that could have gone either way. He'll be better than me in no time if he keeps it up. :D

Doomsday, i thought you guys had the mma fight of the night. It was a good mix of everything and you both had some good moments.

I talked to Fenno before the fight and he expressed some concerns about Charles's size and experience advantages, so maybe I was just watching the match from a different perspective than some others were.

Either way, I wasn't trying to make anyone out to be bad guy or anything. I've always gotten along great with all the GA fighters, and I genuinely like most all of them.

Charles, next time for sure. I thought about saying hey to you when you and Fenno were in the ropes in front of me ;)

Actually i'm glad you mentioned your concerns, its the only one can learn. I learned i was in the wrong, and i learned how to behave a little better i think. :D

Also it'd be great to meet you sometime, i've seen you post quite frequently here, and although i got to meet a lot of people, i didn't get to meet you. :(

Joe Laughlin was really cool and super nice. Great guy, Cole Miller was super cool too. Still haven't seen him fight :/ argh! Even James Hetfield from Metallica was nice, but his head was shaved...:P just messin' Matt, dont slam me! :D

Oh and props to my boy Jason Barrett who beat the shit out of me training for this fight. We went hard sparring and he fought and defeated a very good opponent by towel throw at the show. Congrats J! Jason won last years regional kickboxing tourny and took runner up at nationals, we are very proud of him. :D

Thank man, i look up to all of you guys for wisdom and guidance. You show it in how you act, and how you speak. I'm learning how to be a better man right along with the martial arts.

"If I could get one of his paychecks out of the deal, I'd be James Hetfield for a month!"

LOL! i think your liver would fall out, but with all that money you wouldn't need one! :P

About some of our other fighters.

Joel Weldon is always in good shape and I thought he fought well. His opponent Phillip or Peter Rivero(sorry for the confusion man)was very talented and was the better fighter. I thought it was a good fight. Joel is just such a nice guy, i'm not sure he can take it to that level where your really hurting someone. Hes tough as nails, and strong too. I'm proud of his effort and his training, and his fighting.

Cody fought kickboxing, and landed some good rights, but just wasn't prepared for a skilled opponent, who won decisively. Good job showing up and fighting hard, Cody.

Shaun trained hard for this fight, sometimes he just doesn't seem to put it together in the ring, skill wise, i think hes on the same level as Lee, and it was a damn good win for the very talented fighter that Mike is. I thought the fight would be a little different I guess, but fights never go the way you think they will. Anyway I'm proud of everyone who fought, they all fought hard. :D

Yeah i talk a lot on here sometimes. lol

"Joel is just such a nice guy, i'm not sure he can take it to that level where your really hurting someone"

he didn't have any trouble KOing Joe at the show in Columbus a few months ago. Joe is a super nice guy and his son is adorable.

Shaun is probably one of the best stand up fighters in MMA. He's just going to have to find someone that will stand with him. Kind of like GA's version of Gilbert Yvel or something. No matter how good his ground skills get, his opponents are always going to run from his stand up. I think if he had Pee Wee's ability to escape the mount he'd be alot tougher than he is.

Doomsday, I actually went down there intending to meet a lot of OGers, and I was so busy running around trying to get crap together for the show that I didn't meet hardly any of them. I was in both fighter's dressing rooms all night, so I probably walked right past you.

Anyhow, I'll be down there pretty soon so we can all get together, hopefully

Jason yeah he got it done against Joe, i didn't get to see it, but how many of those opportunites has he let get away from him? I dont think he has the killer instinct, but he definitly realizes he has to act to win. I think it came together for him against Joe. And yeah Joe and his family are supernice. I was suprised by his aggresiveness early against Peter Rivero, maybe i'm witnessing the change in his inring demeanor. :D

Its weird, all of our fighters have totally different styles, seriously if we were all one fighter we would be one bad mofo. hehe

Jason were you the guy calling fighters to the ring?

wow, guess he meant what he said when he had Kenneth ahead on the scoring. :P

me? on tape and dvd? yeah, lol. I'd guess about 3000. I've probably seen close to 1000 live, including kickboxing and boxing. why do you ask?

Dooms, I saw Joel vs Joe, and it was a serious KO. Joe had a good first round though. Anyhow, maybe Joel is finding himself and his style

Frank, I appreciate your opinion, but Shaun is a solid stand up fighter who has problems staying on his feet long enough to use his skills. I thought the comparison to Yvel was valid.

The Lee fight started off with Shaun punching Lee probably about 6 or 7 times and driving him into the ropes, Lee shot in, Shaun sprawled, Lee managed to complete the takedown, and work his game from there.

"Do you honestly think that there's no one on his level of standup? Come on"

I didn't say that no one was on his level. First you act like I'm crazy for thinking anyone will stand with him, then you act like I'm crazy for thinking no one is good enough to. If he is such a poor striker than I'm sure he can find someone to trade with him. right?

I really don't need you to tell me that an mma fight is an mma fight. If you just want to be difficult, just say that and it'll save everyone alot of typing

I knew Shaun had taken a month off work to train for this fight. Hed been training with Charles too. I knew once I got it down I needed to finish it quick. I figured hed be in good cardio shape so hed be Ok later on.

I fought Pee Wee last year and cracked a nuckle and hurt my shoulder from hitting him for two rounds ( I dont think he thought about tapping once). I didnt need that crap again. When I got mount I threw a triangle from there to make sure.

That team is the toughest mofos in the state. If those guys got a good ground coach they could really be up there.

Good luck to Shaun in his next fight. He said hes fighitng a muay thai guy so he might have someone willing to trade.

As if you don't question everything I say anyway. You were totally on my side until that statement, I suppose. I was speaking about Southeast MMA, not the UFC or anything, but I realize I didn't say that, so nitpick if you want

I am going to cheerfully invite you to drop it

IMO Shauns striking is really damn good. And i've said in the gym, he could become one of the top guys in striking in mma.

frank, maybe its just my imagination, but you come across as really sour and down on VMAC most of the time. I think you'd be better served by taking a more positive attitude

Mike, it was cool meeting you Sat. Sorry we didnt' have more time to talk. VMAC has some good ground stuff, but for whatever reason they have a hard time putting it together in the ring. I think they're coming along though. Weez is the obvious exception to their ground troubles

Quote of the weekend....

"That ain't syphilis.... that's a CHALUPA!!!!"

Peace-
Cam

frank what do you mean by active fighter? We had like 5 or 6 guys fight last night, none of us had chump opponents. We all fought our best, and a couple of us won. Joel fights a lot, Shaun fights a lot, Jason fights a lot(kickboxing), and Weez is in the next UFC.