Was Modern MMA Born In Irvine, CA?

"*** The UFC owns and operates their own boards (one for TUF and one for the UFC). Kazja has NEVER been a member of either."

What are these boards?  What are they called?

Also, Kazja's claim of inventing and using the first Octagon is true? 

Macedawgg -  "*** The UFC owns and operates their own boards (one for TUF and one for the UFC). Kazja has NEVER been a member of either."

What are these boards?  What are they called?

Also, Kazja's claim of inventing and using the first Octagon is true? 

Go to http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=tuf.home

Hit the FORUM bar and it will take you to their various boards:

The Ultimate Fighter 7

TUF 7 Fighter Fan Clubs

Previous TUF Seasons

UFC Forum

Technical Forum

The Slurricane (off topic like the OG)

Sig Bet Forum

Sports Cafe (non-MMA related sports)

Fighter/Fan Pics

As far as Kazja's claimed USE of an octagon, I believe it even though others do not because regardless of what they say, no one has disproven he was first by showing proof.

It has been documented that Rorion, Art and Bob attended an UG show put on by Kaged Kombat and then modeled their enclosure after seeing the 8 sided cage used there so this definitely means the UFC wasn't first. No one disputes that.

His design wasn't protected so after developing the 8 sided enclosure (with enhancements) for use in the UFC Bob trademarked his... but not until 1998 meaning Kazja had 5 years to beat Bob to the punch but he didn't. 

Cindy 

P.S. to Mace

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2007/08/15/octagon%E2%84%A2-the-shapely-trademark-of-ultimate-fighting-championship/

"The case centers on California-based Total Fighting Alliance, a competitor of UFC’s started two years ago by Todd Meacham, a former mixed martial arts fighter. Last year, UFC filed a suit against Meacham’s company after he refused to pay $2,500 a year for a license to use the octagonal fence and mat. Meacham, 39 years old, claimed octagonal fences and mats are generic to the sport and told the Law Blog that he fought in eight-sided rings long before the creation of the UFC in 1993."

Since Todd never fought in Kazja's shows he must be referring to another promotion or is lying.

Cindy

I am glad to here you went to every show. I must have done something right to please you.

The shows you did in San Pedro were a lot of fun. I was sad when they stopped it. Doesn't change the fact that you've been less than honest.

The only thing scarier than your record of 5-6-1 is the fact you have never competed in a sanctioned bout. Why is that???

So... are you able to verify Kazja wrote the unfied rules adopted by CA, NJ, NV and just about everywhere else?

Are you able to verify Kazja got the ring approved in CA and the Octagon in NV?

And while you're at it, why not share your take on the CSAC being... well, "on the take?" Are they corrupt and if so, how?

If you cannot attest to these things please hush and let the grown ups talk. It is irritating for someone to crawl out of the woodwork and make a claim that Kazja represents all that is good after his OWN POSTS on THIS thread conflict with one another.

"He's a straight up honest dude!"

ROFLMAO!!! He won't even go THAT far!

Cindy

Cindy, why do you feel it's necessary to insult and attack people. Scary was just giving his opinion on his experience with Kazja. As far as crawling out of the woodwork, Scary Jerry was fighting long before you had any involvement in this sport.

I know "Scary Jerry." He doesn't get caught up in the politics of the sport and I doubt he even read this thread.

Just when was starting to like you, you go and turn into a royal bitch. Where do you get off telling Jerry to "hush", like you represent anything in this sport???

CindyO -  P.S. to Mace

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2007/08/15/octagon%E2%84%A2-the-shapely-trademark-of-ultimate-fighting-championship/

"The case centers on California-based Total Fighting Alliance, a competitor of UFC’s started two years ago by Todd Meacham, a former mixed martial arts fighter. Last year, UFC filed a suit against Meacham’s company after he refused to pay $2,500 a year for a license to use the octagonal fence and mat. Meacham, 39 years old, claimed octagonal fences and mats are generic to the sport and told the Law Blog that he fought in eight-sided rings long before the creation of the UFC in 1993."

Since Todd never fought in Kazja's shows he must be referring to another promotion or is lying.

Cindy

zuffa won the battle but lost the war.tfa has 9 sided cage
now and a nice ck from zuffa

Have I given you the impression I value you or your opinion? If so, my bad. LOL@ you spending two or three pages trashing Kazja only to turn around and judge what I post. STFU.

Cindy

CindyO -  Have I given you the impression I value you or your opinion? If so, my bad. LOL@ you spending two or three pages trashing Kazja only to turn around and judge what I post. STFU.

Cindy

No you stupid bitch, you haven't. You trashed a fighter who I know personally and respect, because he said something positive about Kazja.

Maybe you're getting senile, but what does me pointing out Kazja's bullshit have to do with you trashing another individual? You trash everybody. Jerry is a fighter, who was fighting in this sport when your talentless ass was doing god knows what.

Who the fuck are you again? An ugly old shriveled cunt, who's only relevancy is being Dana White's lackey.

Name some of YOUR accomplishments? Besides being Dana White's house keeper. YOU ARE THE HARRIET MIERS OF THE MMA WORLD.

CindyO -  Have I given you the impression I value you or your opinion? If so, my bad. LOL@ you spending two or three pages trashing Kazja only to turn around and judge what I post. STFU.

Cindy

wake up on the wrong side of the bed sweetie ?

MMASally - 

Cindy

No you stupid bitch, you haven't. You trashed a fighter who I know personally and respect, because he said something positive about Kazja.

Maybe you're getting senile, but what does me pointing out Kazja's bullshit have to do with you trashing another individual? You trash everybody. Jerry is a fighter, who was fighting in this sport when your talentless ass was doing god knows what.

Who the fuck are you again? An ugly old shriveled cunt, who's only relevancy is being Dana White's lackey.

Name some of YOUR accomplishments? Besides being Dana White's house keeper. YOU ARE THE HARRIET MIERS OF THE MMA WORLD.

ROFLMAO!!! Kazja had you pegged!

12-

Not at all. While I might have been a bit harsh to Jerry my comments to Sally were on point.

Cindy

WOW!

CindyO -  P.S. to Mace

Cindy

Todd never fought anywhere. He is lieing.

Maybe this is why Jerry never fought in a CSAC event.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdw2LMjRmoM
He doesn't want to take a dive for the commission.

LMAO at this. 

Thank you for the responses. 

This is turning out to be a battle royale. 

There are no friends, it appears, when you step into the OCTAGON, or putative OCTAGON, or 9-sided cage, ot TACO TIME TORTILLA OCTAGON, or this thread. . .

ROFLMAO!!! Kazja had you pegged!

Cindy

No Harriet, everyone on this board has you pegged. I've seen you referred to as a "shrivled old cunt" before. That is an accurate description obviously.

You've never answered the question, ever. You insignificant waste space, what the fuck have you done, besides spend more time on the internet than a teenage boy?

Atleast Kazja at one time put on a pretty decent show. Your whole life is on the internet, what's that feel like?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=1309616&page=5

The CSAC corruption being exposed.

The only thing scarier than your record of 5-6-1 is the fact you have never competed in a sanctioned bout. Why is that???

So... are you able to verify Kazja wrote the unfied rules adopted by CA, NJ, NV and just about everywhere else?

And while you're at it, why not share your take on the CSAC being... well, "on the take?" Are they corrupt and if so, how?

If you cannot attest to these things please hush and let the grown ups talk. It is irritating for someone to crawl out of the woodwork and make a claim that Kazja represents all that is good after his OWN POSTS on THIS thread conflict with one another.

Cindy

Ouch Cindy, relax!!!

Let's look at who Jerry has fought-

Finished Joe Pardo - UFC vet

Finished Matt Frembling - Fought Tim Sylvia to a decision

Controversial loss to Roy Nelson - This fight was listed as a win originally, Roy Nelson has been tearing through the IFL heavyweigh division.

Win Josh Haynes - TUF finalist

Jimmy Ambriz, Ron Waterman, Dan Severn, Mike Kyle, Jerry hasn't had any easy fights.

Jerry's opponents combined record 180-72-11

Much like myself, he has many fights not listed on Sherdog or here.

scarfacedave - 

Cindy

Ouch Cindy, relax!!!

Controversial loss to Roy Nelson - This fight was listed as a win originally, Roy Nelson has been tearing through the IFL heavyweigh division.

Jimmy Ambriz, Ron Waterman, Dan Severn, Mike Kyle, Jerry hasn't had any easy fights.

Hi Dave,

I should have done a better job scanning the list of fighters instead of paid more attention to the "non-sanctioned" aspect of his record that shows up on the new mma.tv fighter profile associated with their name because I would have had a similar assessment to yours.

I will send Jerry an apology for that and have no problem admitting to him I am embarrassed as a result of my instant criticism of his record.

I was so taken aback by his comments that I couldn't believe them... perhaps I should have automatically assumed he didn't read the thread at all and was blindly vouching for "an old friend" instead of thinking he did read it and his remarks reflected what he posted.

However, I should have remembered that Kazja is the opportunist, not Jerry and the claims in the post I left in response to Jerry were not claims HE made... they were mind-blowing and absolute ridiculous assertions from a disillusioned man.

hugs

Cindy

Cindy O

You should research everything before going bipolar. September 13, 2008 Kazja13.com I will lay everything out very clear to you and everyone else.

I am not an opportunist or fence sitter. I have been here since the beginning.

Ouch Cindy, relax!!!

scarfacedave, why are you being so nice? You say you Scary Jerry's friend and CindyO trashes him and all you do is tell her to relax??? Let her have it like she lets everybody else have it.

I guess a lot of you guys are afraid of CindyOOOOOO, but I'm not!!!

kazja13 - Cindy O

You should research everything before going bipolar. September 13, 2008 Kazja13.com I will lay everything out very clear to you and everyone else.

I am not an opportunist or fence sitter. I have been here since the beginning.

LMAO!!! The source of 95% of my "research" was YOU on THIS thread. You should have thought twice about making claims that were not true because you now look like a bigger idiot than you already did;)

"I should post here the members are more open than the UFC controlled sherdog forum."

*** ROFLMAO @ this! Jeff and DW hate each other and even Jeff told you, on THIS thread, that your comment was about the stupidest thing he has read.

"I am meeting with attorneys today and tomorrow because of a illegal judgement the CSAC put on me in 1999 for doing judo chokes. To keep me out until the Zuffa owned UFC got full control of the sport."

*** LMAO @ THIS! So... the CSAC was psychic and knew in 1999 that Zuffa would purchase the UFC from SEG two years later so they illegally obtained a judgment on you so when the UFC (under Zuffa) finally set up shop to hold events in Cali... in 2005... to prevent you from being competition??? Just LMAO!

"I will keep you guys informed what is going on behind the closed doors of MMA."

*** You have yet to validate a single claim you have made so LOL @ this, too.

"I was banned from all the UFC owned and controlled forums for telling the true story about MMA."

*** The UFC owns and operates their own boards (one for TUF and one for the UFC). You have never been a member of either.

"I am not claiming to be the creater of NHB that has been around before time. I did originate the Octagon."

*** But you did claim to be the creator of MMA on page 2 of this thread (IIRC). That's even more ridiculous.

"Could you have imagined if the first UFC was held in a boxing ring it would not have had the same impact."

*** A big unknown because the Gracie family has held the Gracie Challenge (which happened to be the name of UFC 1 initially) in Brazil since 1935 beginning with Helio and Carlos at their academy. Their success was based on events that took place in rings and on mats... NEVER an octagon, and they did just fine.

"Also I did write the rules for MMA which are called the Unified rules. I have proof they went through in 2000 in California and proof I sent them to Kirk Hendrix and Fertitta when they still worked for the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Be back later to update you."

*** Just LMAO @ claiming YOU penned the unified rules. BTW, you never returned with a stitch of proof like you claimed you would even after being reminded, on the board many times.

Wheres this suitcase of proof that you were ready to immediately share? Your rant(s) about 9/23 is a joke. If you could prove anything in dispute you would have done so by now. Pfft...

Cindy