weidman vs. jones, how do u see it going down?

Damaynevent - JBJ would beat Weidman and make him rethink fighting in MMA. That's how close the fight would NOT be. Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0

Jones would destroy him. People are kidding themselves here. Phone Post 3.0

Jones going down Phone Post 3.0

It would go down like Balboa vs Drago. Phone Post 3.0

RockMeAmadeus - Weidman = MW GOAT

Jones = MMA GOD

Explain how a guy with 10 fights and not a single title defense is the GOAT at his weight?

Not busting on you, but this seems to be a common sentiment, and I don't understand it.

Affliction Blackbelt - 
Lite - 

Jones = MMA GOD

Explain how a guy with 10 fights and not a single title defense is the GOAT at his weight?

Not busting on you, but this seems to be a common sentiment, and I don't understand it.

The idea is if a fighter wins a fight in convincing fashion, no matter who against, they instantly becomes this infallible wrecking machine.

i.e Woodley KO's Hieron, he can suddenly wreck WW division

Hunto KO's struve, suddenly JDS is getting slept

Overeem liver kicks a deathbed lesnar, suddenly he is Ubereem the HW champ of the universe

That's idiotic.

Silva won the title and then went on a 15-win streak. People need a little perspective. Maybe Weidman goes on a tear now, or maybe the belt gets passed around a bit like the LHW belt did before Jones. Let Weidman clear his weight class of this generation's contenders first before talking about GOAT.

No. Phone Post 3.0

Lite - 

Jones = MMA GOD

He needs to win the rematch to be the GOAT mw. Of course we can wait until his career is over to see if he loses more fights than SIlva but it's hard to imagine he won't retire with a better win/loss ratio than SIlva if he wins the rematch. That would be 6 losses for him while Weidman is undefeated at 11-0. Anything can happen but it's hard to see Weidman ever having a win/loss ratio lower than what Silva's would be and he would have 2 head to head wins over the guy.

That means as long as his win/loss ratio is even close to Silva's he would have a huge edge with 2 head to head wins. Basically this means as long as Weidman can win about 70 percent of his fights remaining in his career he will have to be considered the greatest MW of all time.

Being 2-0 against Silva would basically cancel out any title defense streak or argument. It would come down to wins and losses.

No, no.

Do you think history will consider Antonio Tarver a better boxer than Roy Jones. I mean, he's great, but . . . Is Trevor Berbick a better boxer than Ali.

Silva is done. I have no doubt about that. It happens to every athlete. He's 38. But it will be the win streak going forward that will define Weidman.

And this talk of ratio, what kind of nonsense is that? Then they guy who had one fight and won it is the GOAT with his 100% win ratio?

GOAT is something you prove over time.

to all those picking weidman... how exactly do you see weidman beating jones. better wrestlers haven't been able to impose their will on him. better strikers haven't been able to even come close to hitting him well. i think weidman melds all those things together well but i think he won't get the job done before he gasses.

3 words - Hellbows.

Ttt.

It would be a good fight to make if they both win a few more fights. I just dont think Jones will beat Cormier when they fight so I would say the best fight to make is Cormier vs Weidman which I would favor Cormier.

CRE - Weidman isn't in his prime yet, neither is Jones scarily enough.

Both fighters need more time to develop and be tested before this fight can be made properly.

I would remain open to the possibility that Weidman could win this fight if he was more seasoned, but he's still a bit raw and almost a prospect still, a prospect so good that he just knocked Anderson Silva out..

I would like to see it, but not anytime soon.

If Weidman can dispose of Anderson Silva in the rematch, the MW division becomes very interesting due to new matchups and in the last few years it has been kind of bland.

It would be nice to see Weidman get a chance to reign as Champion first at 185.

Also it makes more sense for Jon Jones to go up in weight first before someone else goes up in weight to face him, because Jones is that dominant.

Did you call the UFC middleweight champion a prospect? Or did I take that the wrong way? Phone Post 3.0

CRE - Weidman isn't in his prime yet, neither is Jones scarily enough.

Both fighters need more time to develop and be tested before this fight can be made properly.

I would remain open to the possibility that Weidman could win this fight if he was more seasoned, but he's still a bit raw and almost a prospect still, a prospect so good that he just knocked Anderson Silva out..

I would like to see it, but not anytime soon.

If Weidman can dispose of Anderson Silva in the rematch, the MW division becomes very interesting due to new matchups and in the last few years it has been kind of bland.

It would be nice to see Weidman get a chance to reign as Champion first at 185.

Also it makes more sense for Jon Jones to go up in weight first before someone else goes up in weight to face him, because Jones is that dominant.

Also, it would be terrible if a middleweight, maybe even two? Maybe names Chael and Vitor? moved up and fought Jones for the belt wouldn't it? Phone Post 3.0

buvaiser - how do you see 420man beating jones. i think he fades too fast.
What's 420man? Phone Post 3.0

Ben Saunders -
buvaiser - how do you see 420man beating jones. i think he fades too fast.
What's 420man? Phone Post 3.0

"Weed"man Phone Post

more opinions?

I root for both but JBJ takes this, and easier than many think.

Too big, too tall, too long and too strong...and younger to boot.