Weidman vs. Silva 1 Full Fight

Wasa-B - 
JEFF3KIDS - It's going to be an interesting fight either way. Weidman had his game on that night, Silva obviously didn't. It's not a fight I'd bet on.

Yeah, i think a more focused Andy will be back but....perhaps his chin is more shot now? And he's only getting older, his speed and reflexes may not be where they once were, he's gonna have to use some experience here. Weidman is for real win or lose the rematch imo and will be coming in knowing he can beat Anderson and wasnt even intimidated the first time. He just cant be overconfidant. He should stick to his wrestling and the ground at least for the first half of the bout.

I'm wondering about the accumulated damage and age too. It's about that time age wise, but then there are guys who are able to come back and have a few wins.

Chris did look good, landed a lot, timing was on, etc. But you're right, he can't be over confident.

Watching this fight again, it's clear as aqua fina water is, that Anderson had far too little respect in this fight.

Anderson was trying to clown him defensively, and mounted hardly any offense.

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I'm actually more confident in Anderson in the rematch than I was going in the first fight.

Affliction Blackbelt - Once again people distort facts.

Reality is Silva often loses first round to American wrestlers (see hendo, chael x2). So Weidman taking him down would have been nothing new.

Was Silva clowning out of frustration? If he was I would have thought we'd have seen it in other fights where he lost the first round. Yet that hasn't happened.

Was Weidman gassing before the hook? I'd say yes. Weidman himself mentioned post-fight that he wants to work on his cardio. Also his comment "disrespectful piece of sh**" suggests he was quite emotional, and we all know how adrenaline can exhaust energy. Also his inability to get the takedown supports this.

Conclusion: Silva went into the fight with no respect for opponents stand up and paid the price.

I think the rematch will be a harder fight for Silva as Weidman pins him down for the full round 1 and tries to pass/gnp. However I also think that the longer the fight goes the more it will favour Anderson (i.e championship rounds).

He gets taken down and feels comfortable and at ease on his back, against Weidman he was getting his guard passed like it was his first day in BJJ class. 2 COMPLETELY different experiences between a relaxed Silva in guard and a Silva that is laying on his back while having someone play hopscotch over him and going for anklelocks and heelhooks

First time I've ever seen that fight. Probably the only one on the forums, swear to God.

Thanks. Phone Post 3.0

Malvert the Janitor - First time I've ever seen that fight. Probably the only one on the forums, swear to God.

Thanks. Phone Post 3.0

I thought you were a regular hardcore mma fan?

Do you only tune in for BJ fights?

Danger'sDaddy -
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - The spider really was toying with his prey. Don't expect Weidman to get so lucky this time. Phone Post 3.0
This. Damn, I'd forgotten how much he was fuckin around. Phone Post 3.0
Lol the delusion in these anderson fans Phone Post 3.0

D241 -
Malvert the Janitor - First time I've ever seen that fight. Probably the only one on the forums, swear to God.

Thanks. Phone Post 3.0

I thought you were a regular hardcore mma fan?

Do you only tune in for BJ fights?

I am a regular fan. No I don't just tune into Penn fights...that's ridiculous. You don't see me in the Card threads on fight nights? I'm typically there. It was the one card I couldn't buy as I was out of town. Gifs were on this site within minutes of the conclusion. Didn't realize I wasn't "hardcore" because I missed a fight that went a round and a half and was giffed the fuck out all over this site moments later.

Oh well... Phone Post 3.0

Here's what I think happened.
First round Anderson gets taken down which I'm pretty sure he expected to happen, what he probably didn't expect was how good Weidman would be on the ground. Going for subs, moving well, good transitions etc.

Once back on the feet Anderson keeps his hands down 1. to try and defend another take down, and 2. to try and convince Weidman to keep the fight standing.

Throughout the fight Silva throws some pretty hard leg kicks, my thinking is he is trying to wear Weidman down a little big and eventually drop his hands to try to catch one of Silva's kicks leaving him open for a big punch.

Problem is it never got to that point since Silva didn't hespect the Weidmans punching power and got kod

I have no idea on how the 2nd fight is going to go but I'm leaning towards a Weidman sub.

Malvert, quit acting like I'm bustin your balls, I was just surprised that someone like you would go this long without watching that fight.

D241 -

Malvert, quit acting like I'm bustin your balls, I was just surprised that someone like you would go this long without watching that fight.

Hey, I'm sensitive. Lots of cunts around here.

And thanks for the kind message. Appreciate it! Phone Post 3.0

N Phone Post 3.0

It's amazing that Anderson ended up pleading with Weidman to stay on the feet.

tenchu - It's amazing that Anderson ended up pleading with Weidman to stay on the feet.

It just shows how he knew he was fucked on the ground after that takedown and eating those punches.

Going back and watching this fight several times, I see an even more dominant victory for Weidman.

Probably via GNP.

I can't wait till this fight. These Weidman fans are getting out of hand. Phone Post 3.0

DoomFarmer - 
tenchu - It's amazing that Anderson ended up pleading with Weidman to stay on the feet.

It just shows how he knew he was fucked on the ground after that takedown and eating those punches.

Going back and watching this fight several times, I see an even more dominant victory for Weidman.

Probably via GNP.

DoomFarmer-one of us is going to be mistaken big time.

You and I see the first fight very differently. I'm more confident in Anderson in the rematch than I was before the first fight.

Anderson isn't going to let Weidman get anything. I won't even be surprised if Weidman can't get more than one takedown.

Wasa-B -
Humboldt - In a recent interview Andy said something to the effect of it wasn't the taunting that was his undoing, but rather the not striking back.

He said he always taunts or goads his opponents into striking first so he can counter strike. He had so many opportunities in this fight, I don't think he will make the same mistake again.

How many TD attempts did weidman have? Phone Post 3.0

He did try to hit back, he just could not find his range/riddum. Yes, he does try and goad his opponents in but this was different.
So.. 4 or 5?

I saw him land one. I am pretty sure he tried at least 5 times.

Am I wrong? Phone Post 3.0

Ees normal.

DoomFarmer - 

Probably via GNP.

lol, even if he didn't plead, he was shrugging those takedowns like nothing. you sound more delusional than the Anderson nuthuggers sometimes.

Humboldt - 
Wasa-B -
Humboldt - In a recent interview Andy said something to the effect of it wasn't the taunting that was his undoing, but rather the not striking back.

He said he always taunts or goads his opponents into striking first so he can counter strike. He had so many opportunities in this fight, I don't think he will make the same mistake again.

How many TD attempts did weidman have? Phone Post 3.0

He did try to hit back, he just could not find his range/riddum. Yes, he does try and goad his opponents in but this was different.
So.. 4 or 5?

I saw him land one. I am pretty sure he tried at least 5 times.

Am I wrong? Phone Post 3.0

Round one:

1 when Anderson's hands were up. Landed. Against the cage, Weidman lands some solid shots (Anderson rolls with them, but they are significant) and goes for a takedown. Anderson has his hands down and defends the takedown but loses the striking exchange. Prior to that, there was an entry to the clinch that could be considered a TD attempt, but wasn't.

Round 2:

One terrible shot attempt without any strikes to set it up. Anderson had hands down and defended.

So the answer is 3. When Anderson's hands were up, he got taken down. When they were down he defended. And then got knocked out.

I'm surprised that this fight still pisses me off like the first time I watched it. I'd love to see no nonsense Muay Thai Anderson in the 2nd fight. If Weidman beats that then he deserves to hold on to the belt for a long time. Can't wait for next Saturday!