What's next for LAUZON????

no one is saying ryan is not at joes level.. we are just saying he needs to prove himself alittle bit.. u think joe fought mike brown his fourth fight?.. no he proved himself and had a record of 10-3 bfore he got his chance for mike brown.. and now he is 11-3 .. we are just saying ryan needs to prove himself alittle more than 3-0... and all his fights are dragged out and go to decisions.. its a lot easier to hold someone down than it is to finish a fight.. joe has finished 9 of his 11 wins.. and joes three loses have stories behind them.. his lose to andrew curringas.. joe had andrew in a heel hook but could not get andrew down bcuz he was holding the ropes.. which is illegal.. his other two loses are back-to-back to JZ from ATT, there first match went to decision everyone in the palce says joe won.. but its not up to everyone in the place its up to the judges and joe was close to an armbar from guard and JZ slammed him, which is also illegal in mass... the judges explanation when asked why joe lost was that they sed "You Cannot win a fight from your back".. and when it went to the score cards they had JZ with a perfect round.. he could not have possibly got a perfect round with a slam.. they should have taken points away for the slam... then we move to the rematch of JZ and joe.. JZ weighs in 15 pounds heavier then he was suppose to be .. so he has 15 pounds over joe, but joe had so many people there he couldnt go and tell them hes not fighting .. so he sucked it up and fought.. and basically had the fight won and got caught towards the end of he fight with a RNC.... joe has won many tournaments like the 1st dragons lair aboslute division, by submitting kipp kollar by flying heelhook and then beating dan simmler in the finals on points.. then in the second dragons lair absolute he made it to the finals and had brazilian top team black belt carlos neto runninng from him .. and he lost on points like 4-2 or something like that.. so joe had to make his way up.. dont get me wrong.. ryan is excellent he just needs to prove himself alittle more then having 3 fights and winning by decision.. and i know he has won his fair share of NAGA's.. He is only 3-0 his whole fight career which started August 23, 2002..were joe is 6-0 just this year alone

Wow Cube, thanks for the "true life" on Joe Lauzon. If he doesn't have anything to lose and he thinks it won't be a problem, why doesn't he just fight him and get it over with?

no problem.. i was breaking it down into steps for those who dont understand why people ryan needs to prove himself..no reason to be upset

Im going to be honest here. I dont want to train for a fight with someone who doesnt try to finish, but tries to hold you down. I sacrifice a lot of time and energy to be able to train to fight, Im not going to waste it for someone to hold me down.

ttt

Keep this up and see if it beats the Gannon vs Kimbo thread.

I think Joe is a real badass and has proven his self no doubt and he is a real cool kid but i think Ryan deserves a chance to fight him, Ryan had about 6 fights cancelled on him. And NO ONE will except a fight with him i think the fight would be a real good show. I dont see a boring fight but thats me. And Ryan has beaten some top names in grappling like Hentry Montomaros and David Gardner, just to name a few, i tell you this i would buy a front row ticket for that fight.

Andrew Calandrelli - Team Renzo Gracie

" Im going to be honest here. I dont want to train for a fight with someone who doesnt try to finish, but tries to hold you down. I sacrifice a lot of time and energy to be able to train to fight, Im not going to waste it for someone to hold me down. "

No offense, but as you get up the ladder in MMA, you will learn alot of people do this... Avoiding the wrestlers who g n'p, and/or lay n' pray is gonna get you so far. You will have to fight one sooner or later.

Also, a couple of more things I just noticed...

Cube mentions a sub tourney that Joe has won as to say Joe has proven himself (which he has). I just googled Ryan and he is a D3 national champ. That is proving yourself also.

Also, Joe and Ryan should both stop posting. Nothing good can come of the bickering at this point..

Takedowns and gn'p is a big part of my game, no doubt. Everyone has their own strength and that happens to be mine. That being said, I do look to finish every fight and if given the opportunity with Joe I will go for the KO or submission. Joe is a great competitor and a great guy, I just hope you consider this fight and I'm sure we can make it a great show.

I really like both of you guys, therefore I'm not touching this one.

Rick

MASSMMA.com

And NO ONE will except a fight with him

I think this is because mostly everyone thinks the same way as Joe, that Ryan is a bad fight to take b/c you may easily take a boring decision loss on your record.

and if given the opportunity with Joe I will go for the KO or submission

This actually feeds into people's criticism's of you. Joe is an exciting fighter because he doesn't need the oppurtunity given to him, he makes the oppurtunity and capitalizes on it.

Here's the average Ciotolli fight play-by-play:

Ciotolli jabs at his opponent, but it caught with a punch - he covers up and shoots, getting the takedown. He throws little punches at the body with his head buried in his opponent's chest. The ref warns the fighters to press the action and Ciotolli throws two punches at the head and continues to pat away at the ribs until the end of round one.

Round two starts, Ciotolli shoots, get's sprawled on, looks to be in trouble, but keeps driving and gets the takedown. He resumes stalling in the guard, throwing a few hard punches to the face when the ten-second warning is given

Ciotolli is winner by decision

I thought Amaral earned the decision by being aggressive from the bottom (but a MA judge will always give the nod to the guy on top), and Daley would have got the tap from the guillotine if the action wasn't stopped upon getting caught in the ropes.

I think Ciotolli could finish fights in a dominating fashion, but he plays too safe - and I call bullshit on claims to go for the KO or submission, as I've heard them before.

ttt .. CR1chard speaks nothing but the truth

I'd like to see Ciotolli fight Brown, or possibly Jason Giroux

"his other two loses are back-to-back to JZ from ATT, there first match went to decision everyone in the palce says joe won"

I was there @ lido - Joe got robbed really, really bad.

"I was there @ lido - Joe got robbed really, really bad."

And it sucks, because I know that too.

joe, just out of curiosity, do you have any desire to fight overseas? like in england? or japan?

i'm sure given the oppurtunity joe would love to fight overseas! but I think it would be hard unless it was in the summer cause he's still in school.

Palmquist understands. I would love to fight overseas, but timing would have to be perfect. I have classes or Co-op nonstop for the next two years.

Its hard, but have to keep telling myself, School first.