When did Trolling become the Norm?

And I agree with op, the whole being a dumb ass and calling it trolling thing... You know what your still a dumb ass, supercalo is my exception tho. The problem is everyone likes a troll that they want to keep around so none of them get banned. Phone Post

people don't realize it but

Most of these threads people view as troll jobs

are actually real. The people that come here are really THAT fucking stupid. They are called teenagers

EpicConfessions - MMA has always been the laid back have fun forum.

Sherdog is for the super duper cerial discussion, you might want to check it out.

Hahah.
I think the new cool thing is to complain about how much this forum sucks.
While still posting in it. Phone Post

nice post but you're just contributing to the pollution...

Chimonos Revenge - 
Haulport - 
Chimonos Revenge - We are already losing an awesome Mod and Thread Contributor because of this bullshit, let's not let them chase away all the quality posters with their drivel.
BTW: who are we losing?

Damn Severn.

De-modded himself and says he's leaving.

I hope he reconsiders, that would be a big loss.

Slaughter on Tenth Avenue - nice post but you're just contributing to the pollution...

Yeah, yeah.

I'm the asshole now.

FML

These things happen in mma... Phone Post

jjj2121 -
Chimonos Revenge - 
Haulport - 
Chimonos Revenge - We are already losing an awesome Mod and Thread Contributor because of this bullshit, let's not let them chase away all the quality posters with their drivel.

Damn Severn.

I hope he reconsiders, that would be a big loss.

I hadn't heard about this! 'Damn' is one of my most favorite posters! Shit Phone Post

the only posters worth reading border on trollish at times

ortman166 - And I agree with op, the whole being a dumb ass and calling it trolling thing... You know what your still a dumb ass, supercalo is my exception tho. The problem is everyone likes a troll that they want to keep around so none of them get banned. Phone Post

Agreed!

Being an idiot or a Mormon is not Trolling!!

Yet some how that's what most people think of as trolling these days. At least put some creative thought into it.

SC is def king right now. Very unique! Me likey!!

-Young Jasper: a 17 y/o Mormon boy who was raised right by his mother and taught not to stoop to other peoples level Phone Post

FloridaStriker - people don't realize it but

Most of these threads people view as troll jobs

are actually real. The people that come here are really THAT fucking stupid. They are called teenagers

This! Phone Post

Herring In A Fur Coat - It became the norm when everyone decided that superCalo is the greatest poster on the UG instead of an annoying troll that should have been banned years ago... Same with CRE and so many others.

Reap what you saw, frens.

This. I know I'm new and by the way I really like supercalos threads, think they are funny; but rewarding funny trolls like Calo just gives inspiration to the annoying trolls. So people trying to say trolls should be banned but NOT Calo are walking on a slippery slope. Phone Post

Calo isn't a troll, he's just from a far away land, some stuff gets lost in translation.

Real trolls should be banned. Phone Post

Haulport -
Chimonos Revenge - 
Haulport - 

Damn Severn.

Wow....no shit....

Too bad...

This makes me sad. Phone Post

EpicConfessions - MMA has always been the laid back have fun forum.

Sherdog is for the super duper cerial discussion, you might want to check it out.

how is trolling fun except for the other trollers that rate them?

It's a waste of bandwidth.

The quality posters have been declining this forum is full of trolls it's sad. And the ones that aren't trolls are stupid more often than not. Most posts are just people insulting each other then degrading from there. Phone Post

We need reputation points.

Below Zero Rating = Red rep bar, trolls

0 - 100 Rating = Grey Rep Bar, the inbetweeners

100+ rating = Green rep bar, valuable forum members

Ratings don't cross over to the OG.

Same system in regard to how often you can vote against someone and how many votes you can dish out daily.

Those in the Red would be unable to start new threads or participate in polls. They would also have their post count limited to a certain number of posts per day. If you make the most out of the few posts that you're allowed to make, then your rep should rise. If your rep stays below zero/if your vote downs outnumber your vote ups, then you're frozen for X amount of time. If you come back and don't make any changes, then you're banned.

Members in the grey will have the ability to post on the forums as much as they'd like, but they will be unable to start threads or participate in polls.

Members who stay in the green will have the ability to start threads & polls. They can participate in the voting process of said polls. Green members will also have access to a hidden forum that only those with 100+ rep can view and post in.

Just an idea, I doubt it would make any difference here.

UGCTT_rkilla - We need reputation points.

Same system in regard to how often you can vote against someone and how many votes you can dish out daily.

Those in the Red would be unable to start new threads or participate in polls. They would also have their post count limited to a certain number of posts per day. If you make the most out of the few posts that you're allowed to make, then your rep should rise. If your rep stays below zero/if your vote downs outnumber your vote ups, then you're frozen for X amount of time. If you come back and don't make any changes, then you're banned.

Members in the grey will have the ability to post on the forums as much as they'd like, but they will be unable to start threads or participate in polls.

Members who stay in the green will have the ability to start threads & polls. They can participate in the voting process of said polls. Green members will also have access to a hidden forum that only those with 100+ rep can view and post in.

That's a terrible idea, it would lead to the minorities of the UG being outcast. Its basically nazi Germany in the form of a forum. Phone Post

Haulport - 
Chimonos Revenge - Seriously.

The majority of the threads on the UG right now are TMZ style, idiotic troll threads.

Case in point, anything from Reality TV Star.

I think it's time for the mods to clean house, for the sake of the people that just want decent MMA discussion and don't to have to wade through 50% bullshit every time they log on to the UG.

We are already losing an awesome Mod and Thread Contributor because of this bullshit, let's not let them chase away all the quality posters with their drivel.

/rant over
There is no "cleaning house". You might as well say, "ban 85% of the UG" because there are almost NO GOOD POSTERS LEFT.

Zuffa has developed a brand that attracts fucking MORONS with no respect for anything and encourages fight bashing, gossipy horseshit and all sorts of degenerate behavior.

It is not just this forum. It is the fans themselves. Almost all the good fans aren't interested in MMA anymore or at least not to a level where they would regularly visit the UG.

THIS IS WHAT THE SPORT IS NOW.

Unfortunately Haul, it's just that MMA is starting to catch up with other sports.  Go to the major forums surrounding other sports.  It's pretty pathetic about how much people bash athletes.  There are very few places on the internet in general right now where you can go and have a normal conversation with people.

Frobenius - 
UGCTT_rkilla - We need reputation points.

That's a terrible idea, it would lead to the minorities of the UG being outcast. Its basically nazi Germany in the form of a forum. Phone Post

Damn, to think that my own idea would make me an outcast.

HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME UG!? <-- not srs