Who is the scariest fighter ever for their time?

Ngannou, Cro Cop, Carwin,Ubereem, JDS would probably be the top 5 but I dunno how id rank them exactly.

Other than them Rumble, Kerr, Igor, Vitor (both the TRT version and the initial young pre Randy version that blasted out Tank) Erickson, Manhoef and Goodridge were pretty damn intimidating too.

2 Likes

"Tank in the early days was pretty intimidating "

Tank was the hardest puncher in the UFC at that time, but he has been surpassed in punching power. Francis Ngannou would destroy Tank.

1 Like

![](upload://6nG8Z654yTm4MkhcS4Npvbx8Zor.jpeg)

Tony Halme was pretty scary, until Randy was puttin’ him on his back. It was UFC 13, or something like that…

theshooter - "Tank in the early days was pretty intimidating "

Tank was the hardest puncher in the UFC at that time, but he has been surpassed in punching power. Francis Ngannou would destroy Tank.

Prime Tank was stronger than Ngannou, I guarantee he can't bench 600+

1 Like

Randleman

1 Like

Coleman could scatter a wilding crowd like poultry in his prime

Rumble when he was starching dudes until Cormier. I would love to see rumble vs Francis. Both have chins and both throw one punch ko power.

1 Like
Johnzandt -
cawkgobbler -

With Francis being 263 and just a wrecking machine, it made me think back to some of the old school match ups. Some of these guys have up a lot of weight but not skill, and sometimes it was just a total mismatch. My pick will be the smashing machine himself. Mark Kerr was just a nightmare of both size and skill, along with discipline. He would stalk his prey and could fight standing, but once he got a takedown it was hell unleashed.

Mark Kerr?? He never fought any of the top Heavyweights in the UFC at the time he was there. 

What does that have to do with how scary he was at the time? Some posters just don't even try to contribute, just detract.

cawkgobbler -
Johnzandt -
cawkgobbler -

With Francis being 263 and just a wrecking machine, it made me think back to some of the old school match ups. Some of these guys have up a lot of weight but not skill, and sometimes it was just a total mismatch. My pick will be the smashing machine himself. Mark Kerr was just a nightmare of both size and skill, along with discipline. He would stalk his prey and could fight standing, but once he got a takedown it was hell unleashed.

Mark Kerr?? He never fought any of the top Heavyweights in the UFC at the time he was there. 

What does that have to do with how scary he was at the time? Some posters just don't even try to contribute, just detract.

Welcome to these forums. There's a lot of posters like that, both here and the og.

Wand at the time was scary as fuck. That mug, the bald head, and that weird rolling exercise he would do with his fist before the match. That and he was destroying guys in the ring.

Coleman seemed unbeatable for a awhile. A strikers worst nightmare. A huge gorilla that was a very good wrestler. Once he got someone down that was a wrap.

I have stood next to Josh Barnett in person, and that was when he had all the baby fat. He is still intimidating. He’s a really big guy that moves like a cat. I promise any of his opponents that weren’t a little afraid were probably the ones that he crushed.

theshooter - "Tank in the early days was pretty intimidating "

Who is saying Tank would beat Francis? No one. Tank was legit scary when he came onto the scene. Looking at your join date you should know this.

Mirko was a Scary Dude! 

In terms of intimidation and being scary, I would say a prime 265+ pound Overeem with the muscle belly’s, scar on his face, and blank stare. Also a 1996/1997 Coleman. Coleman had a realness and seriousness that was paralyzing. By no means are those guys the best but as far as walking into a room with people who don’t know they are, they give the most aura. 

1 Like

![](upload://zS62afs1sftIUo4sda8i4QkXyQy.jpeg)

1 Like

Werdum's size and skillset always fucked with me.

These other guys they'd clobber you and that would be it, but Werdum is so big and so techical it seems like he could rip the average persons limb off lol.

19 yr old Vitor was insane. You had a guy who was under Calson a BB at a time when BJJ was still king and came in lighting people up on the feet in a manner that hadnt been seen in NHB up to that point. I thought that was pretty damn scary. 

TRT Vitor was also just a human highlight reel of destruction.

Prime Wanderlei was also a scary fuckin sight. The Axe Murderer nickname is probably the most fitting nickname in sports history. He legit looked like he wanted to kill when he fought.

8 man tourney Igor V. So calm and low key. Look into his soviet era dark grey eyes and see no soul. The way he threw those Heavy CCCP cold war missles with no emotion. The only intent was pure destruction. 

1 Like

https://youtu.be/EF3Ru-X6aiQ

https://youtu.be/ioQ6dVGZQMU

https://youtu.be/V19aNZ_9gUw

This highlight video actually rules.

Pride Shogun

Kerr

Anderson Silva

Pride Wand

Ubereem

TRT Vitor

Francis