Why does Brian Ortega carry a Mexican flag?

Americans carrying the flag of Ireland and Italy is also fucking stupid.

The actual Irish and Italians fucking hate you. For real.

1 Like

Nothing makes a person more proud of their third world heritage than being born and raised in a Western democracy.

4 Likes

Scrap sympathizer 

SandBlaster - 

Scrap sympathizer 

Says the keyboard gangster…

His post fight interview demeanor seemed a little more “street” than usual... add in the flag and walk in music,  seems like he’s trying to reinvent himself.  The shaved head helps the look too, but that was for the weight cut

SandBlaster -

Scrap sympathizer 

I wonder if Nate would cut to 145 to throw down with Ortega.  They match up really well, both have excellent boxing and jiu jitsu, and are both tough as nails.  

The North/South chingon levels would be off the chart!

It would be an awesome promo and fight 

Raistlin -

Would Marcus Davis have gotten the same hate? Plenty of fighters are proud of their heritage and want to put it on display. This thread is as dumb as all the ones that used to get made about Cain's Brown Pride tattoo.

Nailed it.

WillyMaunawili - 
SandBlaster -

Scrap sympathizer 

I wonder if Nate would cut to 145 to throw down with Ortega.  They match up really well, both have excellent boxing and jiu jitsu, and are both tough as nails.  

The North/South chingon levels would be off the chart!

It would be an awesome promo and fight 

Only youngsters and fake gangsters still rep that shit. Gang truce on the level 4 yards these days…

i am solrac9 -

Because Chinga su Madre cabron! 

Wouldn't that be...

Porque Chinga Tu Madre Cabron!?

From a personal perspective, it's a refreshing change from all the fake italians I've met with italian flag tattoos & have never stepped foot in the country. 

Confusion.

Some of you can't accept the fact that there is people out there who arent obsessed with this country.

![](upload://sJEZSc0GB5kceTIi8VI1cuR2cKP.jpeg)

triforce - 

Because there's an anti American sentiment in the world today. It's disgusting (I'm not American). 

Threads like this certainly don’t help.

I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers -

Tito isn't the smartest guy around but he always did it right. USA and Mexico flag. I have no problem with Mexican Americans representing their heritage. But when you fly the flag of another country it's objectively an extreme disrespect to your actual home country.

Disrespect to your home country? Lol. Theres no disrespect. Just some people trying to make something they have nothing to do with about themselves.

UFC failed miserably with Cain in mexico, they probably want a redo

1 Like

I don't have a problem with Ortega walking out with the Mexican flag instead of the American flag.

If I remember correctly.. most of the UG are Americans who rooted for McGregor (Ireland) over Americans like Nate Diaz. Most of the UG rooted for Jan (Poland) over Dominick Reyes (USA).. and recently in boxing Loma (Ukraine) over Lopez (USA). 

If you are an American and have a problem with Ortega repping the Mexican flag you better be rooting for American fighters everytime against a foreigner or else you are being a hypocrite. 

1 Like

Ha the relativists. Irish and Italians are not doing a current reconquista. Mexicans are. That’s why the Mexican flag will burn more deeply. That’s all. Stop avoiding the obvious.

Ortega can do WTF he wants, but expect some passionate advocates and some pissed off people. You apologists sound like women dressing up as sluts getting drunk in a bar by themselves and being pissed at unwanted attention. Ok, whatever. You chose actions, not consequences.

Mariachi music was a nice touch though, for sure, including him singing to it as he came out.

Being a cross section of cultures, you do have a phenomenon where Americans embrace their grandparent's country of origin.

But I've always found it amusing how the flag wavers can't get out of that country fast enough, have never even been there, or have no intention of ever going back.