WMMA Discussion Thread

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome - 
Ray Elbe - Raquel Pa'aluhi is deserving. Her vs Pannie should have been on the Vegas card. How do you leave Pa'aluhi off a card in her backyard?! Phone Post 3.0

The reason was mentioned by Eric Holden last night on twitter and he is correct - Cyborg eats up the payroll of Invicta's tiny budget. Want 14 fights per card?   Or Cyborg and 6 other fights?  average payout without a huge payout like 90,000 for Cyborg in seems to be $2000 show / 2000 win.  their budget is too small to add any more chicks.

they seem to sign new girls all the time, but those girls shouldn't expect more than 1.5 fights per year

Isn't Zuffa paying Cyborg's salary?

Koga - What is next for Cyborg in Invicta? Does she call out the new 135 champ to fight at 140 to show she can make the weight? If she stays at 145, who has earned a rematch more, Fiona Muxlow or Jan Finney? Phone Post 3.0
You are so funny... Not. Phone Post 3.0

Kimbo Kardashian - never in the history of mma has an up and coming fighter with little to no fights ever say that they are gonna be the champ one day or i believe i can beat the champ right now nope marina shafir is the only person

Kimbo Kardashian, 

Please excuse me if you came to that conclusion  from reading my posts, that is not what I intended at all and after re reading what I wrote, there is no indication that I said any of that.

Ray Elbe - Raquel Pa'aluhi is deserving. Her vs Pannie should have been on the Vegas card. How do you leave Pa'aluhi off a card in her backyard?! Phone Post 3.0

The reason was mentioned by Eric Holden last night on twitter and he is correct - Cyborg eats up the payroll of Invicta's tiny budget. Want 14 fights per card?   Or Cyborg and 6 other fights?  average payout without a huge payout like 90,000 for Cyborg in seems to be $2000 show / 2000 win.  their budget is too small to add any more chicks.

they seem to sign new girls all the time, but those girls shouldn't expect more than 1.5 fights per year

DaleyDentedDecimated'sDome, 

Cris Cyborgs last pay check was signed by Zuffa. Here is a list of the IFC11 payouts. I am assuming that Invicta can pay more to seasoned or fighters on a winning streak by  decreasing the amounts of fights on their cards. 

Cristiane Justino: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus)

Charmaine Tweet: $6,000

Alexa Grasso: $5,000 (includes $2,500 win bonus)

Mizuki Inoue: $2,000

DeAnna Bennett: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus)

Norma Rueda Center: $1,500

Irene Aldana: $3,400 (includes $1,400 win bonus)

Colleen Schneider: $3,000

Jamie Moyle: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)

J.J. Aldrich: $1,250

Amy Cadwell Montenegro: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)

Brianna Van Buren: $1,500

Christine Stanley: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)

Laura Salazar: $1,500

Aspen Ladd: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)

Ana Carolina Vidal: $1,500

Ray, 

It would be interesting to know why Invicta chose Irene over Raquel to fight for the vacant title. In my opinon Raquel is in a unique position and I would hate to see her fight and maybe lose the fight and her chance at fighting the winner of Evinger/Aldana

PVZ wants in on #UFC191 this September

This is interesting because Alexa Grasso is missing from the IFC 13 line up.  We know that Dana is a big fan of Alexa after seeing her fight in Feb and Alexa was spotted with Tecia Torres at a UFC 188 media event. Has Alexa signed a UFC contract and will she meet paige in Sept?

What say you?

Paige Van Zant

Alessa Grasso

Meet Valentina "Bullet" Shevchenko a 135lb fighter with a record of  9-1 in MMA. Valentina is also a Mauy Thai World Champion with a record of 55-1

Valentina is currently signed to Legacy FC and her only loss in MMA was to Liz Carmouche

Valentina's sister Antonina is also a MT Champ

Valentina will face Carina Damm on the 26th June at Legacy 42

Meet Carina "Barbie" Damm 115/125/135 lbs fighter who has a record of  22-12 with notable wins over JAG and Vanessa Porto. Carina is also the sister of UFC vet Rodrigo Damm. Carina made headlines in 2008 for failing a PED test and again in 2013 for submitting a non human urine sample for a PED test

Tecia Torres (left) faces off against Angela Hill(  right) days before they meet at UFC 188

Tryskellion - 
Sunkist1207 - 

Steve4192,

I agree with you, There are probably several reasons why Marina took a long lay off, I gave my opinion but  she did address this in either her interview with Ariel or on the Roasted Podcast. Marina said something along the lines of the online comments about her loss upset her for a while.  Colleen Schnieder who is friends with Marina lost her fight on the Invicta 11 card in Feb but travelled to China and fought last week.  Not ideal for everyone but she did what she had to do to put herself back on track. Regarding signing a contract,  Marina said on the Roasted Podcast that she was Interested in Bellator and Invicta but when she went to a Bellator event with the intention of meeting Scott and possibly initiating conversation, that didn't happen so I guess she went with Invicta instead.

TrySkellion,

Why was Cris on a long layoff? No offense but It certainly wasn't because of a loss.

<br />
<span class="User-358732" id="userPost53739586">I have no clue why Justino took 20 months off between fights and you don't know why shafir took 11 months off. But if you're going to insinuate it had something to do with getting over a loss then I'll just insinuate Justino took 20 months off to bulk up with the help of steroids without the fear of being testing during out of competition.<br />
<br />
See how ridiculous it is to make your own judgments about someone's decision when you don't know someone personally?</span></blockquote>

See how ridiculous it is to make your own judgments about someone's decision 

Tryskellion, 

I think you will find that what I said is my opinion, one which I am entitiled to.  Just like you are entitled to have your opinion. .

Here is the interview from 2:11 where Marina talks about not being a good "loser", taking time off after the loss and crying because of what she read on social media about her

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/28/8506863/the-mma-hour-279-marina-shafir

Scott Coker said Cris was expected to face Erin Toughill after Marloes  but Erin left SF then Cris fought Finney and no one else wanted to fight her after that. She was also renegotiating her contract with SF

I doubt the UFC has signed Grasso, if they did she would have been on 188 for sure. My guess is she will get a title shot on the next card. With the lack of big names in Invicta it is smart to spread them out. I also remember Knapp saying that she was sticking around for a few more fights.

Any posters who mentioned Raquel Pa'aluhi and didnt' post pics are to be banished... for 30 minutes.

DaleyDentedDecimated"sDome, 

Please excuse me for not posting any Raquel pictures earlier. I am back from my 30 mins time out with pictures :)

Sunkist1207 - 

Meet Valentina "Bullet" Shevchenko a 135lb fighter with a record of  9-1 in MMA. Valentina is also a Mauy Thai World Champion with a record of 55-1

Valentina is currently signed to Legacy FC and her only loss in MMA was to Liz Carmouche

Valentina's sister Antonina is also a MT Champ

Valentina will face Carina Damm on the 26th June at Legacy 42

Meet Carina "Barbie" Damm 115/125/135 lbs fighter who has a record of  22-12 with notable wins over JAG and Vanessa Porto. Carina is also the sister of UFC vet Rodrigo Damm. Carina made headlines in 2008 for failing a PED test and again in 2013 for submitting a non human urine sample for a PED test

Looks like there is an issue surrounding this upcoming fight. An injury has caused Carina Damm to withdraw from this fight. Kalindra Faria 15-5 stepped in to face Valentina

However, Kalindra is having problems obtaining a visa so it appears as though Raquel is interested in stepping up to fight Valentina

Kalindra Faria is out of the bout with Valentina Shevchenko due to visa issues. Working on replacement

I'll fight ANYONE, ANY TIME, ANYWHERE. Holding the belt would be nice but I'm more concerned with getting fights.

What say you?

Damm ducking another drug test.  She doesn't want that third strike.

Meet Germaine de Randamie, a Dutch Kickboxing champ with a record of 37- 0. In MMA, Germaines record is 5-3 and she currently competes in the UFC BW division. Germiane fought at FW in SF so if the UFC ever decide to open up a 145 div, Germaine is a fighter who could compete in 135 and 145

Sunkist1207 -
Tryskellion - 
Sunkist1207 - 

Steve4192,

I agree with you, There are probably several reasons why Marina took a long lay off, I gave my opinion but  she did address this in either her interview with Ariel or on the Roasted Podcast. Marina said something along the lines of the online comments about her loss upset her for a while.  Colleen Schnieder who is friends with Marina lost her fight on the Invicta 11 card in Feb but travelled to China and fought last week.  Not ideal for everyone but she did what she had to do to put herself back on track. Regarding signing a contract,  Marina said on the Roasted Podcast that she was Interested in Bellator and Invicta but when she went to a Bellator event with the intention of meeting Scott and possibly initiating conversation, that didn't happen so I guess she went with Invicta instead.

TrySkellion,

Why was Cris on a long layoff? No offense but It certainly wasn't because of a loss.

<br />
<span class="User-358732" id="userPost53739586">I have no clue why Justino took 20 months off between fights and you don't know why shafir took 11 months off. But if you're going to insinuate it had something to do with getting over a loss then I'll just insinuate Justino took 20 months off to bulk up with the help of steroids without the fear of being testing during out of competition.<br />
<br />
See how ridiculous it is to make your own judgments about someone's decision when you don't know someone personally?</span></blockquote>

Tryskellion, 

I think you will find that what I said is my opinion, one which I am entitiled to.  Just like you are entitled to have your opinion. .

Here is the interview from 2:11 where Marina talks about not being a good "loser", taking time off after the loss and crying because of what she read on social media about her

Scott Coker said Cris was expected to face Erin Toughill after Marloes  but Erin left SF then Cris fought Finney and no one else wanted to fight her after that. She was also renegotiating her contract with SF

And TrySkellion and his other seven accounts have been banned. Phone Post 3.0

JustAnotherMMAFan - 
Sunkist1207 -
Tryskellion - 
Sunkist1207 - 

Steve4192,

TrySkellion,

<br />
<br />

Tryskellion, 

JustAnotherMMAFan, 

Thank you for letting me know...8 accounts?? why would someone invest so much time into keeping up 8 accounts on a forum?wow...

Sunkist1207 -
JustAnotherMMAFan - 
Sunkist1207 -
Tryskellion - 
Sunkist1207 - 

Steve4192,

TrySkellion,

<br />
<br />

Tryskellion, 

JustAnotherMMAFan, 

Thank you for letting me know...8 accounts?? why would someone invest so much time into keeping up 8 accounts on a forum?wow...

And paying for a blue, with the only purpose to bash Cyborg. Phone Post 3.0

Karnak - Sunkist1207

LOL... You continue to ask why Ronda's the most recognisable/visible fighter in all of MMA today, like there's a truly credible and legitimate answer that can be applied to other women.

Rousey is what she is though, and the factors which continue to make the casual audience gravitate towards her, never as simple as more time, and plenty Zuffa related push.

Zuffa's not holding the other women back, and casual audiences haven't been duped into only accepting Rousey, all because Zuffa told them to either... lol.

A marginal mainstream media presence like Zuffa, can only do so much for these fighters; and especially in a division where we already have a pretty established elite top 6 order too, making it a substantial risk for Zuffa aggressively promoting other women ranked 7-15.

Oh, and if you can't see the negative connotations of segregation for WWMA,by having all female UFC fight cards in the future... then wow.

History says MMA a money pit, present history says without UFC intervention, WMMA a fresh corpse; but hey, let's hope Zuffa puts on a Rousey-less all female fight card someday, because we need proof Zuffa are invested in it's female athletes, by burning it's money in ritualistic showcase of financial stupidity lol.

Karnak, 

Please excuse my tardy response. We have gone back and forth and I have mentioned that for the most part, I agree with you in terms of your comments about Ronda. I understand that the UFC may never get the chance to replicate the success they have had with Ronda, that is fine but what is the point of creating a 135lb womens division if the aim is not to promote and develop that division? This is ultimately why I mentioned that the UFC should consider hiring a matchmaker specifically for the womens division, someone invested in the development of WMMA in the UFC, someone who can bring "non ufc marketable" female fighters to Dana's attention and show their potential. 

I honestly cannot see how an all female card would negatvely impact WMMA, please explain. In my opinon an all female card with Cyborg vs Rousey headlining would definately benefit WMMA and Invicta/UFC. How different would that be from having an all female TUF? I am sure you could respond with a breakdown of that seasons TUF ratings and if they are not comparable to previous seasons, that could cement your arguement that an all female card would be pointless but at this point, If the UFC can spend money to sign CM Punk, why not make an investment on talent already on the roster?

Meet Latoya "Black Mamba" Walker a 5-0 FW currently signed to Invicta. Latoya also has a amateur/pro boxing background but at this time I caanot locate her record. Latoya has notable wins over Bellators Gabby Holloway and Peggy Morgan

For any fabulous Moderators viewing this thread, Latoya is listed as male on her MixedMartialarts.com fight record. Can this be corrected? thanks in advance :)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/f/CB6C8A3FBED2F709/Latoya-Walker/

Meet Aspen Ladd 1-0 Flyweight currently signed to Invicta

20 Year old Aspen made her pro debut on the Invicta FC 11 card and defeated her opponent, Ana Carolina Vidal by TKO

JustAnotherMMAFan - 
Sunkist1207 -
JustAnotherMMAFan - 
Sunkist1207 -
Tryskellion - 
Sunkist1207 - 

Steve4192,

TrySkellion,

<br />
<br />

Tryskellion, 

JustAnotherMMAFan, 

And paying for a blue, with the only purpose to bash Cyborg. Phone Post 3.0

JustAnotherMMAFan, 

WOW!! That is serious dedication...wow..

He used to post as The Alchemist. Phone Post 3.0