WMMA Discussion Thread

Ready to leave for

Sunkist1207 - 

Ready to leave for

Will she ride the Woman's Bantamweight champion all the way to Germany?

Gina Carano posted this picture on her FB page

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153263604906832

I know there is another thread discussing this but do you think Gina will return? I say this respectfully but I dont think she wants a rematch with Cris and I dont think she can make 135 so she could be stuck  between a rock and a hard place

What say you?

Marina Shafir getting ready for her upcoming fight on the Invicta FC 13 card on the 9th July. I assume she is doing most of her fight camp at CSW?

Link to video

https://instagram.com/p/39wwr3u1mQ/

Amber Leibrock getting ready for her pro debut agains Marina Shafir on the Invicta FC 13 fight card on the 9th July

Cris Cyborg getting ready to defend her FW belt at Invicta FC on her birthday, 9th July :) 

Coach Cordeiro has a fabulous smile :)

links to training clips

https://instagram.com/p/347zdBBUOB

https://instagram.com/p/337-muhUEj/

Angela Hill made a comment after her loss to Tecia Torres and others have chimed in- It all started with a tweet by Tecia

EPIC PIC -#teamtiny #ufc188 #mexicocity #att #vsHill

Angela Hill retweeted Tecia Torres
Lol @ "EPIC", rewriting history through photoshop. @TeciaTorres, your stalling will only get you so far #SeeYouSoon

heatherjoclark retweeted Angela Hill
Angela you didn't do anything from the bottom but hold her there. You were the one stalling. Why not try and get up?

Girls like Angela Hill are the reason WMMA isn't taken seriously. Just accept the defeat and move on. Don't continue to talk trash.

What say you?

How about some #UFC189 tickets on you @danawhite when I beat @criscyborg :-) ?

On July 9, female MMA fighter Faith "The Immortal" Van Duin, will fight for the INVICTA Featherweight World title.  Van Duin will become the first New Zealand fighter in history to challenge for the title belt.

The fight contacted has been sealed.  Van Duin says, "Just getting the confirmation was really good and helps push me more as well in my training."

Two weekends ago, Van Duin was told the fight was to go ahead, however, due to ongoing discussions the announcement was delayed.

"I work with what I get is good and to have Dylan there is really good he has been there and done that sort of thing," she adds.  

Van Duin will face current Featherweight Champion, Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino, at the main event, INVICTA FC 13, to be held at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas. 

"In the beginning before I even started training I really wanted to be world champion, fight Cyborg and then Ronda before I was thirty then I retire, so it's sort of going to plan."

She only has four weeks to prepare for the fight of her life.

https://www.maoritelevision.com/news/sport/mma-fighter-faith-van-duin-prepares-fight-her-life

For video of this interview with training footage, please click the link

https://www.maoritelevision.com/news/sport/mma-fighter-faith-van-duin-prepares-fight-her-life

Sunkist1207 - 

Angela Hill made a comment after her loss to Tecia Torres and others have chimed in- It all started with a tweet by Tecia

Lol @ "EPIC", rewriting history through photoshop. @TeciaTorres, your stalling will only get you so far #SeeYouSoon

Angela you didn't do anything from the bottom but hold her there. You were the one stalling. Why not try and get up?

Girls like Angela Hill are the reason WMMA isn't taken seriously. Just accept the defeat and move on. Don't continue to talk trash.

What say you?

I say they both come off like delusional idiots.  Torres for thinking there was anything 'epic' about that fight, and Hill for not acknowledging that it was her own piss-poor ground skills that allowed Torres to win like that. 

Bethe Correia signs new 8-fight deal with the UFC

Steve4192 and DaleyDementedDecimated'sDome

I checked Angela's Twitter and didnt see anything but Kelly McGill said

@Verified_Greene Go look at her twitter. Just accusing Tecia of steroids

Bec Rawlings also said this

Battle of the steroids.. who has the superior anabolic cocktail ?????????#‎justsaying?

FOXSPORTS.COM|BY FOX SPORTS

Looks like the 115lb Division has some drama going on. Lots of accusations

Bec knows she would have her ass handed to her by either. Seriously starting to dislike that girl. Phone Post 3.0

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome - 
Steve4192 - 
Sunkist1207 - 

What say you?

I say they both come off like delusional idiots.  Torres for thinking there was anything 'epic' about that fight, and Hill for not acknowledging that it was her own piss-poor ground skills that allowed Torres to win like that. 

that fight was in Tecia's hands more to open it up and make it more lively to the fans.  Imagine a stage actor just mumbling the lines, just to get another performance behind them.  That was Tecia's fault. 

in summary, that fight was...TOILET

toilet

I'm still lol'ing at Kelly McGill jumping in calling THIS twitter exchange as the reason people don't take WMMA seriously.

commonsense517 - 
Steve4192 - 
Sunkist1207 - 

What say you?

that fight was in Tecia's hands more to open it up and make it more lively to the fans.  Imagine a stage actor just mumbling the lines, just to get another performance behind them.  That was Tecia's fault. 

toilet

I'm still lol'ing at Kelly McGill jumping in calling THIS twitter exchange as the reason people don't take WMMA seriously.

And this is different from male fighters...how?

Ronda's success, the increased amount of threads about women in MMA on the UG, and the purchase by the UFC of Invicta would argue that it is taken seriously.

Speak for yourself.

nowaydo - 
commonsense517 - 
Steve4192 - 
Sunkist1207 - 

What say you?

toilet

And this is different from male fighters...how?

Ronda's success, the increased amount of threads about women in MMA on the UG, and the purchase by the UFC of Invicta would argue that it is taken seriously.

Speak for yourself.

Not sure if this was in direct reference to me but I actual agree with you.

commonsense517 - 
Steve4192 - 
Sunkist1207 - 

What say you?

toilet

you my friend are a rare breed!

Shogun of Harlem - 
Sunkist1207 -

Karnak, Sunkist, i think the two of you polite gentlemen need to sort out your irreconcilable differences in a old fashioned duel

DaleyDementedDecimated'sDome

Haha! I enjoy a great debate so I have no problems :)

Once you get past Sunkists love of Cyborg, she is actually a good poster. Just agree to disagree in regards to Cyborg. Phone Post 3.0

Shogun of Harlem, 

Haha! Thank you for the kind words. Please accept a vote up!

Have a great day!

What say you? The champ retains or Penne takes home the belt?

The Ladies headlining UFC Berlin on Saturday square off

Meet jillian "Justice"  lybarger  and Jocelyn "lights out"  lybarger, twin sisters currently competing in the Straw weight division. Jillian is unfortunately 0-3 in MMA  but Jocelyn(on the right) is 5-1 and currently signed to RFA. Jocelyn tried out for TUF but unfortunatley didnt make it into the TUF house

Meet Kyra' Mogwai"  Batara a BJJ purple belt Straw weight currently signed to RFA and building a nice resume. 20 year old Kya who turned pro in MMA in 2014 is 2-2 in MMA,  1-0 in kickboxing, 27-2 as an amateur wrestler, IBJJF no-gi Champ, UFC Grapplers Quest Champion, Gi and No-Gi, Grapplers Quest World Series, Las Vegas, Advanced No-Gi Champion and the list goes on...

Meet Celine Haga a Norweigen Atomweight/Strawweight fighting out of the Jackson- Wink Gym in NM.  Celine is 6-13 in MMA but she has a Lions heart and continues to pursue her dream,  win or lose. Last month, Celine lost her last fight against Kyra Batara by decision  but she is fighting again on the 26th Jun against Alyssa "Tiny Tim" Garcia .  Much respect to you Celine

Alyssa "Tiny Tim" Garcia 1-1