WMMA Discussion Thread

Meet Rachel Wiley, 21 year old 155lb 6-1 Amateur yet to make her pro debut. Earlier this year Invicta signed Felicia Spencer, a 155lb Tuff-N-Uff tournament winner.

Rachel vs Felica would be a nice fight for both to make their pro debut

Felicia Spencer

Meet Kristi "Loba" Lopez a 2-0 Flyweight, currently a free agent but trains at Kings MMA and 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu . If Kristi looks familiar, you are not wrong, Kristi starred on an episode of the Oxygen Network show "Living Different"

Maybe the WWE is setting up something for next years Wrestlemania?.  

Jessamyn tweeted this

#tbt The REAL #4horsewomen w/ @HeymanHustle at @wwe #Summerslam

A few hours later WWE NXT champ Sasha Banks tweeted this

The ONLY #4horsewomen

For those who are not aware, Charlotte(the blonde) is Ric Flair's daughter and Ric Flair is one of the original members of the 4 Horsemen wrestling stable

Sunkist1207 - 

Maybe the WWE is setting up something for next years Wrestlemania?.  

Jessamyn tweeted this

A few hours later WWE NXT champ Sasha Banks tweeted this

For those who are not aware, Charlotte(the blonde) is Ric Flair's daughter and Ric Flair is one of the original members of the 4 Horsemen wrestling stable

Stares in japanese..... "Let them fight"

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome - 
Shogun of Harlem - 
Sunkist1207 -

What say you? The champ retains or Penne takes home the belt?

The Ladies headlining UFC Berlin on Saturday square off

I would like Penne to win. Imo she was all class on TUF and would be great champion. Phone Post 3.0

From a marketing standpoint, Jedrzejczyk will be the better champ. She does media very actively, compared to the reserved Penne.  The little twisted UFC economy creates more value, job, opportunities, sound bites, from Joanna

Shogun of Harlem, 

I agree with your point about Penne coming across very well on the TUF. She wasn't there for any drama and I think she is great. I hope she gets a rematch with Waterson if she doesn't win tomorrow. Thank you for the Vote Up :)

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome, 

I agree wth you that Jessica has a laid back personality but in my opinion, she interviews well and if given the opportunity to do media as a champion(if she wins tomorrow) and be involved in promoting other fight cards, she will do great! Joanna is a great talent and I really hope she fights Justine Kish in the future

Alexa Grasso to fight in September. It's gonna be dreamy. Opponent unconfirmed. But it's still gonna be dreamy. Phone Post 3.0

Aleksandra Albus Gstring - Alexa Grasso to fight in September. It's gonna be dreamy. Opponent unconfirmed. But it's still gonna be dreamy. Phone Post 3.0

Aleksandra Albus Gstring, 

Thank you for the update. I did post in another thread that the rumor going around is that Invicta will hold an event in Sept. In my opinion, if Alexa is on that card, she fights Livia the title.

Livia Renata Souza- 8-0 Current Invicta SW champ who won the belt in her Invicta debut. She beat Katja "The Killer Bunny" Kankaanpaa

Katja "The Killer Bunny" Kankaanpaa 10-2

Sunkist1207 -
Aleksandra Albus Gstring - Alexa Grasso to fight in September. It's gonna be dreamy. Opponent unconfirmed. But it's still gonna be dreamy. Phone Post 3.0

Aleksandra Albus Gstring, 

Thank you for the update. I did post in another thread that the rumor going around is that Invicta will hold an event in Sept. In my opinion, if Alexa is on that card, she fights Livia the title.

Livia Renata Souza- 8-0 Current Invicta SW champ who won the belt in her Invicta debut. She beat Katja "The Killer Bunny" Kankaanpaa

Katja "The Killer Bunny" Kankaanpaa 10-2

So dreamy. Phone Post 3.0

Jessica Penne is tough, she did her best and hopefully she won't take this loss too hard. In my opinion, 105 is a much better weight class for Jessica

So, who is next for Joanna? I say this respectfully,  besides Gadhela, Justine Kish is the other "big" 115lber who can hang with Joanna. I also want to add JAG

What say you?

Justine Kish 4-0 MMA 18-2 MT, Justine is also a MT champ

Claudia Gadehla 12-1 lost to Joanna via split decision even though most people think she won

Jessica Aguillar 19-4 with notable wins over Carla Esparaza and Megumi Fujii

Right now no one is on JJs level. She'll hold the strap a while. I more excited about the potential for contenders match ups in this division.

theINFAMOUScarpe - Right now no one is on JJs level. She'll hold the strap a while. I more excited about the potential for contenders match ups in this division.
Yesterday u would have called u an idiot...now I'm not sure. Phone Post 3.0

At the moment the winner of Aguillar vs Gadhela is the only interesting match for JJ IMO.

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome -

They should give her a easy fight.  I am TOTALLY fine with matchmakers giving marquee fighters cans to build their record and tape library, and hype.  Get the Octogon jitters are out of the way.

Give Grasso a doormat like Lisa Ellis, Emily Kagan, or Felice Herrig.

Even if its a extreme overmatch?  Meh...they signed up for it, they all can claim to be "vets" so whatevs.

Sorry you three girls...you have to be sacrficed for the phenomenal young Grasso! The Gods demand it.

I like you. Phone Post 3.0

Justine Kish posted on her Twitter account that she is making her UFC debut in Sept

Here is Justine at 127lb getting ready for her debut at 115lb

MT Fight highlights

Sunkist1207 -

Justine Kish posted on her Twitter account that she is making her UFC debut in Sept

Here is Justine at 127lb getting ready for her debut at 115lb

MT Fight highlights

Was a shame she was injured on the show, looking forward to see her in action. Phone Post 3.0

Meet Zoila "Warrior Princess" Frausto 12-4 Flyweight currently signed to Invicta. Zoila was the first and only Bellator womens champ and has notable wins over JAG, Jessica Penne and Megumi Fujii. Zoila is on a 3 fight losing streak at 125lbs so it's safe to assume that 115lb is a better division for her

Imma bout to whoop someone's ass in less than a month..this shots real life

On the 9th July Tonya faces Irene Aldana for the vacant Invicta 135lb title

Felice Herrig will be featured on an upcoming episode of American Ninja Warriors. American Ninja Warriors is shown on the Esquire Network channel on Tues 8pm/7pm central. Good luck Felice!

About the show

Esquire Network and NBC have teamed again to bring the heart-racing competition series, American Ninja Warrior, with hosts Matt Iseman, former NFL player Akbar Gbajabiamila, and co-host Kristine Leahy. The action-packed series follows competitors as they tackle a series of challenging obstacle courses in both city qualifying and city finals rounds across the country. Those that successfully complete the finals course in their designated region move on to the national finals round in Las Vegas, where they face a stunning four-stage course modeled after the famed Mt. Midoriyama course in Japan. The winner will take home a grand prize of $1,000,000. Although many have come close, no competitor has yet to achieve total victory and claim the prize.
UFC flyweight contender John Dodson tried his hand at making it through the course and did pretty well for himself.  Former Invicta FC champion Michelle Waterson made it on the show, but let's just say her performance is probably not going to make it on her  highlight reel

Meet Jennifer Maia a 10-4 Flyweight currently signed to Invicta. Jennifer has notable wins over UFC's Jessica Andrade and Zoila Frausto. Jennifer trains at the legendary Chute Boxe gym in Curitiba Brazil

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome - 

They should give her a easy fight.  I am TOTALLY fine with matchmakers giving marquee fighters cans to build their record and tape library, and hype.  Get the Octogon jitters are out of the way.

Give Grasso a doormat like Lisa Ellis, Emily Kagan, or Felice Herrig.

Even if its a extreme overmatch?  Meh...they signed up for it, they all can claim to be "vets" so whatevs.

Sorry you three girls...you have to be sacrficed for the phenomenal young Grasso! The Gods demand it.

And what does the UFC do if she loses? This isn't pro-wrestling (EDIT: or boxing). Freak upsets happen. This is why fighters are paired in a way where there's some sort of upside no matter who wins. There's no real upside if Emily Kagan or Lisa Ellis happens to beat Alexa Grasso.