WMMA Discussion Thread

Sunkist1207 -

On the upcoming Bellator 154 card,  A SW bout between Stephanie Frausto(Zoila's sister)5-5 and  Jamie Nievara 3-1

Stephanie

2012 – WFC / Women’s Fighting Championship Atom Weight Champion
2012 – Grapplers Quest (Winner)
2012 – NAGA / North American Grappling Association (Winner)
2012 – EGO / Extreme Grappling Open (Winner)
2011 – OGC / Ohio Grappling Championships (Winner)
2011 – Grapplers Quest (Winner)

I.K.K.C International Flyweight Muay Thai Champion,

WFC Atomweight MMA champion

MMAjunkie ‏@MMAjunkie  2m2 minutes ago

Bellator 154 weigh-in results: Stephanie Frausto (115.4) vs. Jamielene Nievara (120)

Sunkist1207 - 

Super bantamweights at #GLORY30 SuperFights on @UFCFightPass, @TiffTimeBomb at 121lb vs @EsmaHasshass at 119lb

:(

The last time Evangelista CYBORG Santos and I fought on The same Day we both won. Anyone know What that date was? Cyborg fights tonight To!

Cris Cyborg ?@criscyborg  12m12 minutes ago
The last time Evangelista CYBORG Santos and I fought on The same Day we both won. Anyone know What that date was? Cyborg fights tonight To!"

I'm honestly drawing a blank on that one. Was it in EliteXC?

Seems they've both been speaking well of each other lately. That's refreshing. Phone Post 3.0

Hate420 - 
Cris Cyborg ?@criscyborg  12m12 minutes ago
The last time Evangelista CYBORG Santos and I fought on The same Day we both won. Anyone know What that date was? Cyborg fights tonight To!"

Seems they've both been speaking well of each other lately. That's refreshing. Phone Post 3.0

Haha Hate420, me too!

I am wondering if it was a Mauy Thai fight because off the top of my head I cannot remember an event advertising them both on the card

Seems they've both been speaking well of each other lately. That's refreshing. 

From what Cris has posted on social media, they are better as close friends then Husband and Wife. They appear to be supportive of each other and Cris has hosted seminars with Evangelista at his gym. When I rasied the topic of Invicta FW Latoya Wlaker (a potential opponent for Cris)being trained by Evangelista, Cris responded that he would never train anyone against her. 

Sunkist1207 -

The last time Evangelista CYBORG Santos and I fought on The same Day we both won. Anyone know What that date was? Cyborg fights tonight To!

That pic of Cyborg is from her Instagram and heavily filtered.

This one is the same pic but unfiltered.

https://instagram.com/p/BFXXDt_BUIp/ Phone Post 3.0

judonoob -
Sunkist1207 -

Judonoob

Please find below the same photo not posted on Cris Cyborgs Instagram

Here is another unfiltered photo.

https://instagram.com/p/BFY3_TkDcwx/

She looks pretty damn good imo. Phone Post 3.0

Richard Tuck -
judonoob -
Sunkist1207 -

Thanks! I'll vote you up when I get it back. Phone Post 3.0

Judonoob,

Please find another photo of Cris

In print today : makes long-awaited debut tonight!

While Ronda Rousey was dominating the Ultimate Fighting Championship and being heralded as one of the world’s best athletes, a handful of naysayers maintained that someone else was actually the best fighter in women’s mixed martial arts.

On Saturday, that woman, Cristiane Justino, known as Cyborg, will finally make her U.F.C. debut.

Justino, a 30-year-old Brazilian, has dominated opponent after opponent, winning titles in the Strikeforce and Invicta promotions. Like Rousey, she has won many of her fights in a matter of seconds. Unlike Rousey, whose specialty is the armbar, Justino tends to send opponents to the canvas with a devastating knockout punch.

Please clock link to read more

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/sports/cyborg-ufc-198-brazil-cristiane-justino.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=0

Sunkist1207 -

Judonoob,

Please find another photo of Cris

Sunkist those pics are filtered....lol Phone Post 3.0

Sure Judonoob.......

Cris Cyborg is the best women's fighter in the world at 145 pounds, but for years there have been questions -- and hope -- about her moving down to 135 to face marquee names, starting with Ronda Rousey. The UFC does not have a 145-pound women's division, because there is a scarcity of elite talent at that weight outside of Cyborg, who is the most dominant female fighter in the world.

Marloes Coenen has been in Cyborg's shoes. She was asked to go down to 135 pounds from her natural division of 145 in Strikeforce. Coenen ended up winning the title at 135 there, but it was hardly a good experience. She said she wouldn't do it again "in a million years."

"I wasn't training," Coenen told MMA Fighting. "The only thing I was doing was dieting. I became emotionally unstable. When I was in the cage, my body didn't do what I wanted it to do. My coach said, 'do this, do this,' and I wanted to do it, but I just couldn't. "

That's why Coenen is happy to see the UFC give Cyborg a shot without forcing her to drop to 135 pounds. Cyborg will make her UFC debut against Leslie Smith at UFC 198 on Saturday in Curitiba, Brazil. The bout will be at a catchweight of 140 pounds.

"The UFC is doing the right thing by bringing her in at [140], because I think it would be a different Cyborg at [135]," Coenen said. ... "Her biggest weapon is strength. You take that away, what else does she got?"

Coenen (23-6) is very familiar with Cyborg. If Cyborg is the best women's featherweight fighter in the world, Coenen is second. Cyborg defeated Coenen via fourth-round TKO to win the inaugural Invicta FC 145-pound title in 2013. That's Coenen's only loss since 2011 when she dropped the Strikeforce women's bantamweight title to Miesha Tate. The last time Coenen lost at 145 was also against Cyborg in Strikeforce back in 2010.

Coenen, 35, said she watched Cyborg's open workout this week online and saw her former foe "spar" with a young girl. The Holland native was pleased with Cyborg's technique and agility.

"I really like her head movement and her speed," said Coenen, who meets Alexis Dufresneat Bellator 155 on May 20 in Boise. "Maybe we're gonna see a different Cyborg. I like Cyborg and I wish her the best. I like Leslie, too. In my opinion, she's a warrior, so I know it's gonna be a great fight and I really want to see that one."

Especially considering that it's not at 135 pounds. Coenen isn't interested in seeing Cyborg at that weight, nor would she ever get down that low again.

"It was really, really awful," Coenen said. "I would never ever do it again."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/14/11673716/marloes-coenen-happy-ufc-isnt-making-cris-cyborg-drop-to-135-pounds

"Her biggest weapon is strength. You take that away, what else does she got?"

Meow Marloes!

Pretty lame to post filtered Instagram pics as some sort of proof of a near death experience during her weight cut. Phone Post 3.0

Sure Judonoob....always finding an excuse to say something negative about Cris

Sarah Kaufmans response to new UFC weight cut rule

May 12

personally I'm always WAY over the 8% limit upon arrival as it's the end of the day and I'm super hydrated.

Won double gold North American Grappling Association (NAGA) No Gi finals won on pts Gi finals won by sub.

Why doesn't the girl who got bronze get in the picture?

I've noticed that a lot, does BJJ not give out 3 (4) medals?