WMMA Discussion Thread

Justine Kish has a fight booked? Awesome!!!

Hey everyone, it's great being back in California to prepare for a UFC bout ???? While I'm here for a few months, I'll be conducting private Muay Thai/ Kickboxing lessons for people that would like 1 on 1 instruction. Please DM or e-mail me to book your training session(s). Only a few slots available as I'm all over LA to and from training.

I really want to see this fight

Sunkist1207 -
Sunkist1207 -

On the upcoming Bellator 154 card,  A SW bout between Stephanie Frausto(Zoila's sister)5-5 and  Jamie Nievara 3-1

Stephanie

2012 – WFC / Women’s Fighting Championship Atom Weight Champion
2012 – Grapplers Quest (Winner)
2012 – NAGA / North American Grappling Association (Winner)
2012 – EGO / Extreme Grappling Open (Winner)
2011 – OGC / Ohio Grappling Championships (Winner)
2011 – Grapplers Quest (Winner)

I.K.K.C International Flyweight Muay Thai Champion,

WFC Atomweight MMA champion

MMAjunkie ‏@MMAjunkie  2m2 minutes ago

Bellator 154 weigh-in results: Stephanie Frausto (115.4) vs. Jamielene Nievara (120)

1mMMAjunkie‏ @MMAjunkie

Bellator 154 results: Jaimelene Nievara def. Stephanie Frausto via TKO (strikes) - Round 3, 2:43

Interesting

criscyborg Minha equipe me mostrou esta arte da parede do encontrados hoje em Curitiba! Hoje à noite eu espero que eu ouço todo o Brasil atrás de mim! #ufc198 #glorytogod My team showed me this wall art the found today in Curitiba! Tonight I hope I hear all of Brazil behind me! #teamcyborg #ufcbrasil#ufcbrazil

7 min ago (May 14 2016 19:13:35) | Photo Filter: Normal | Arena da Baixada Clube Atlético Paranaense

Sunkist1207 -

Sure Judonoob....always finding an excuse to say something negative about Cris

Sarah Kaufmans response to new UFC weight cut rule

May 12

personally I'm always WAY over the 8% limit upon arrival as it's the end of the day and I'm super hydrated.

Won double gold North American Grappling Association (NAGA) No Gi finals won on pts Gi finals won by sub.

"Sure Judonoob....always finding an excuse to say something negative about Cris"

Right. They are heavily filtered images deliberately put there to give the appearance of a harder cut than it was. I don't think Cris did that, I believe whomever is curating her feed did that. Pretty lame. Phone Post 3.0

FrontRowBrian‏@FrontRowBrian

@ginacarano let's say you're in charge. Do you book Ronda v cyborg. Ronda v holly 2. Or Ronda v Miesha 3. Or Ronda v you

Gina Carano ‏@ginacarano  21h21 hours ago

Gina Carano Retweeted FrontRowBrian

I think they are all great fights... Just think they could stand to hold off on another Ronda vs Miesha 3 for a bit.

Congratulations Champ!

Sweet 16.....All hail the Queen

#TheCyborgEra

6mMiesha Tate‏ @MieshaTate

Impressive performance by @criscyborg tonight!! What a powerful woman! Congrats on making 139lbs! 4 more and we can have a title fight!

I'm confused, Miesha stated several times she would fight Cris at 140 now she wants Cris to drop to 135...sounds like Deja vu...

'Rowdy' Bec Rawlings‏ @RowdyBec

Leslie was trying to roll out of it, she never stopped fighting, she wasn't out. BULLSHIT STOPPAGE!! #UFC198

Ok, yes @criscyborg was winning, but @LeslieSmith_GF was still in it...@ufc

it was entertaining, reminded one of the scene where Leo gets mauled by a full grown momma grizzly bear in the Revelant.

It Is unfortunate that Cris is the worst managed fighter in MMA or she would have debuted in the UFC over three years ago for a title fight in the first WMMA fight in the UFC instead of this circus act against an unranked fighter whom she outweighed by over 25lbs. Phone Post 3.0

We did it! Phone Post 3.0

criscyborg - We did it! Phone Post 3.0
Congratulations, Champ, for a flawless and brutal performance! Phone Post 3.0

Sunkist1207 -

Impressive performance by @criscyborg tonight!! What a powerful woman! Congrats on making 139lbs! 4 more and we can have a title fight!

I'm confused, Miesha stated several times she would fight Cris at 140 now she wants Cris to drop to 135...sounds like Deja vu...

Leslie was trying to roll out of it, she never stopped fighting, she wasn't out. BULLSHIT STOPPAGE!! #UFC198

Why are you confused?   She now holds the title.

Phil999 -
Sunkist1207 -

Phill999

Miesha was the champion a few weeks ago when she said she would fight Cris at Catchweight. Cris said in her post fight interview she would only do catch weights so an interesting tweet in my opinion.

criscyborg - We did it! Phone Post 3.0

Congratulations Champ! 

#TheCyborgEra

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/14/11673716/marloes-coenen-happy-ufc-isnt-making-cris-cyborg-drop-to-135-pounds Phone Post 3.0

Sunkist1207 -

'

Cris response to Miesha

1hCris Cyborg‏ @criscyborg

.@MieshaTate I have a world title. You know I'm world champion. Thank you for the support

Welcome to the big show, @criscyborg! What a striker. Her next fight could easily be a main event. #UFC198
@kennyflorian I want to see @criscyborg vs Mr Florian next lol

Kenny Florian ‏@kennyflorian  10h10 hours ago
I got something going on that day

Sarah Kaufman ‏@mmasarah  10h10 hours ago
Congrats cris. Stayed focused and calm. Picked shots and then dropped and finished Leslie with her power rd 1

@timwmmatoday: In other women's action tonight... @celineHaga defeats Irene Cabello via Arm-Triangle Choke in round 1 at IFC 5

Congrats to Celine, she has really turned things around. I hope she comtinues to win and gets onto the UFC/Invicta rader

Sunkist1207 -
Phil999 -
Sunkist1207 -

Phill999

Miesha was the champion a few weeks ago when she said she would fight Cris at Catchweight. Cris said in her post fight interview she would only do catch weights so an interesting tweet in my opinion.

Are you insinuation that Miesha is scared now?

Maybe Miesha got the message from the UFC that they don't allow their champs to fight catchweight fights.

I seem to recall Giovani Decker from the UFC stating that very thing. Phone Post 3.0

Sunkist1207 - 

Saying she would do it and saying she is going to pursue it are two different things.

Meisha is on record saying she thinks she would probably lose to Cyborg at 140. Unless she cleans out 135 and has nobody left to fight I don't see her pursuing a fight with Cyborg at 140.

Even though Tate beat Holm I think Holm wins at least 6/10 times they fight.

I want to see Holm vs Cyborg. I've wanted to see this fight since before Holm or Cyborg ever entered the UFC.

Anyone else think this could happen over the next couple years?

Holm vs Cyborg at 135, 140, 145, I don't care which, I just want to see it.

Listening to the JRE with Miesha and thinking of UFC 200, Im wondering if she'll even get PPV points from that one.

I remember Henderson complaining he didn't get any in UFC 100 because the PPV slots were already filled (with Brock, Mir and GSP I pressume), cut to UFC 200 and both Cormier and Jones are getting PPVs. Add Aldo and maybe Edgar, and she is out of cupcakes.