WMMA Discussion Thread

Not hypocrisy. Rousey has been using this type of double standard against Cyborg from the get-go, as an excuse not to have her ass handed to her.
Her agenda is pretty obvious. Phone Post 3.0

Karnak - JustAnotherMMAFan 
In a thread supposedly dedicated to ALL WMMA, this place is obsessed with the sports weakest division

Honestly I don't think there's been a whole lot of talk about Men's Strawweight in this thread...

Jessamine Duke getting ready for her fight on th 25th Marina Shafir isn't on a medical suspension so she appears to be back in the mix of training

JustAnotherMMAFan - Not hypocrisy. Rousey has been using this type of double standard against Cyborg from the get-go, as an excuse not to have her ass handed to her.

JustAnotherMMAFan, 

I agree. In my opinion, if Dana and Ronda are both confident that Ronda can win, the weight shouldn't  really matter.

I said previously that it really would be something if Cris and Ronda became friends after they fight :)

Sunkist1207 - 
JustAnotherMMAFan - Not hypocrisy. Rousey has been using this type of double standard against Cyborg from the get-go, as an excuse not to have her ass handed to her.

JustAnotherMMAFan, 

I agree. In my opinion, if Dana and Ronda are both confident that Ronda can win, the weight shouldn't  really matter.

I said previously that it really would be something if Cris and Ronda became friends after they fight :)

If Cyborg makes 135, do you both think the fight will happen?

Karnak - JustAnotherMMAFan 

Jesus... your desperation on this is sad lol.

She won two ESPY's, beating two prominent figures in global sport, and said something hilarious/controversial, to become one of the main talking points from the whole night too.

Why are you still talking about how any of this relates to Cyborg..? LOL. Rousey clearly gives ZERO FUCKS about Cyborg, with her increasing fan base also giving even less fucks than Rousey on the topic of Cyborg.

In a thread supposedly dedicated to ALL WMMA, this place is obsessed with the sports weakest division, and fast becoming just as bitter as the rest of the UG.
I was replying to Sunkist, in case you missed it. Phone Post 3.0

Karnak - 
yabadaba - 
Karnak - 
yabadaba - 
Karnak - 
yabadaba - 

^^ If you want to claim that Ronda fighting a stick pushed into a plant pot would generate more buys than Ronda vs Cyborg you shouldn't complain about being called out as a troll.

And yes, if Gina came back she could rival Ronda and Joanna in popularity.

Yeah, because it's really hard to see the point I was trying to make, was completely infused with serious amounts of hyperbole lol? Saying Rousey's always a bigger draw in her own right, is to highlight how stupid any this talk of Cyborg positively elevating women's MMA really is; evidenced in her open weight class era bullshit, pushing WMMA pretty close to the brink of becoming a complete non entity.

So think of it this way... The way you don't like to see the new movement in WMMA, I personally find the classic Cyborg dick riders totally embarrassing, as I feel they constantly bring a way more a troll-ish aspect to discussing WMMA, than anything I've ever said on this particular enhanced parasites behaviour too.

Plus after tasting the horrible freakshow experience with your MMA GOAT/love interest, Gina's made it more than perfectly clear that she's NEVER coming back to MMA either; so I don't fully understand your reasoning behind relating '09 Carano's popularity, to 2015's 135 UFC Carano's potential popularity either...?

Times changed, the sports moved on, and yet people want to hold on to the very things which saw WMMA stagnate and fade, because of the very same reasoning which not so long ago saw WMMA stagnate and fade... HUH!

What point are you trying to make? That Ronda outdraws Cyborg? Of course she does and by a wide margin - nobody disputes that.

Think of it this way... Dana White believes that Ronda vs Cyborg would be the biggest fight in women's MMA. Does that mean he doesn't like to see the new movement in WMMA? Does that make him a classic Cyborg dick rider? 

Yeah, few dispute Rousey a definite draw NOW, but a niche of moron's/liars still hold on to the idea that Cyborg will entice more of the casual audience, to sky rocket Rousey's PPV potential into a new stratosphere; Narrrr, not happening.

As a promoter, Dana can/should talk all the bull shit he wants to talk; but the MMA bubbles belief in Cyborg being this equal to Rousey, doesn't translate to a rational thinking, where being a niche freakshow translates into positive promotion, or high PPV buy rates.

It's clear the hardcore's want to see Rousey face a handicap, and will look the other way on anything/everything which makes this proposed fight nothing but a potential freakshow, to a mainstream PPV audience too. So step out of the bubble, and ask again, how is Rousey facing Cyborg her biggest fight...?

One cuts weight at 145, to walk into the cage at 170, as the other used to fight 145, walking into the cage at 150. One has zero fan base outside of niche element of the sport, the other is a growing U.S./international mainstream star. One fights in a stable division which has personalities and opponents with wining records, the other in a phantom zone where neither has exited for years.

I could go on, but if Dana saying Rousey does 2 million PPV buys, on the back facing Cyborg makes sense to you, then hold on to that dream buddy....

Yeah, because it's really hard to see the point Dana was trying to make, was completely infused with serious amounts of hyperbole lol? Rousey vs. Cyborg would be the biggest fight in WMMA to date but I doubt it would do 2 million PPV buys.

So not only do you expect the biggest name in the sport to bend over backwards now, for an opponent few outside of a tiny niche care about, you also expect Rousey to promote a proposed freakshow fight to the mainstream on her own too, and have it be the biggest WMMA fight yet, all thanks to Cyborg presence LOL... delusional.

You, like other hardcore fans in the bubble, remain completely oblivious to the bigger picture here; a picture where Rousey's drawing power is independent of who she fights, and relies very little on a strictly MMA audience, who've never meant that much to the sports, or Rousey's, biggest PPV buy rates either.

You want the big PPV numbers, you have to nationalistic support, or cultivate the mainstream casuals. And this is where the entire idea of Cyborg being relevant to a pay wall falls flat on it's face, with a ugly wet thud. Cyborg has neither of those bases to boost UFC's PPV potential.

We can agree to disagree over whether it's Dana White or you who is oblivious to the bigger picture.

Many of your responses seem to be random comments about Cyborg or Ronda that have very little to do with anything I've posted. For example, when did I say I "expect the biggest name [Ronda] in the sport [WMMA] to bend over backwards" for anything? Ronda holds all the cards and I expect she will refuse to fight unless it's at 135 lbs. 

More than anyone else on this thread you seem to be obsessed with Cyborg.

JustAnotherMMAFan - Anyone beats Shafir at this point. She's likely the least skilled fighter in the division.

Who should she fight next, Sunkist? Phone Post 3.0

It's tough to tell how good Marina is because she seems to like to stand and wang. Contrast her approach with Ronda - who would immediately go for the takedown against a striker.

I'm not saying Marina is as skilled as Ronda - obviously she is not. But if she fought to her strengths she might get better results.

Riddlius - 
Sunkist1207 - 
    <br />
    <p>
        <br />
        <span class="User-243792" id="userPost54116681"><span class="User-356939" id="userPost54116502">JustAnotherMMAFan,&nbsp;</span></span></p>
    <br />
    <p>
        <br />
        <span class="User-243792" id="userPost54116681"><span class="User-356939" id="userPost54116502">&nbsp;</span></span></p>
    <br />
    <p>
        <br />
        <span class="User-243792" id="userPost54116681"><span class="User-356939" id="userPost54116502">I agree. In my opinion, if Dana and Ronda are both confident that Ronda can win, the weight shouldn't &nbsp;really matter.</span></span></p>
    <br />
    <p>
        <br />
        <span class="User-243792" id="userPost54116681"><span class="User-356939" id="userPost54116502">&nbsp;I said previously that it really would be something if Cris and Ronda became friends after they fight :)</span></span></p>
</blockquote>
<br />
<span class="User-243792" id="userPost54116681">If Cyborg makes 135, do you both think the fight will happen?</span></blockquote>

Hey Riddlius

This is a really interesting question. I want to say yes the fight will happen IF Cris can get down to 135, be healthy and fight the way she does at 145 BUT I have a nagging feeling that another stipulation will be added to the mix which will subsequently result in Dana/Ronda blaming Cris for not wanting to make the fight happen. I say this respectfully but I was hoping that Chad would beat Connor then Cyborg vs Rousey  at 140 would have been the biggest fight to make in Dec. I am inclined to believe that Cyborg vs Rousey will be on the UFC 200 card in July 2016, at what weight?, who knows. What do you think?

Riddlius -
Sunkist1207 - 

JustAnotherMMAFan, 

If Cyborg makes 135, do you both think the fight will happen?
Cyborg can't make 135 lbs, IMO, especially with the IV ban. Phone Post 3.0

. For anyone who didnt watch TUF 20, Heather Clark  and Bec  Rawlings didnt get along well in the TUF house but when they fought, Heather won via unanimous decision.  However, Bec  and Heather appear to still have an issue...rematch?

heatherjoclark@heatherjoclark Jul 14 Oakland, CA
I know 2 wrongs don't make a right. But isn't strange the two bully's are both injured? Is it karma or they faking it? Who's X-rays r those?

Rowdy' Bec Rawlings@RowdyBec Jul 15
Tryin 2 stay relevant @heatherjoclark Must be sad more people care bout my brokn hip than they do ur existence in mma

Heatherjoclark@heatherjoclark Jul 15 San Francisco, CA
That doesn't say much about you then does it since I beat you!! #KarmasABitch

'Rowdy' Bec Rawlings @RowdyBec
@heatherjoclark ya it was so convincing that nobody remembers it...Heather who? Must suck when ur only claim to fame is knowing Meisha Tate

heatherjoclark retweeted 'Rowdy' Bec Rawlings
If you only knew how many people come up me and and give me a high five and thank me!

heatherjoclark@heatherjoclark Jul 15 San Francisco, CA
And your claim to fame ant anything anyone else in the div would be proud of. You will be gone soon thankfully

'Rowdy' Bec Rawlings @RowdyBec
But who's face was broke doe? #judgesdecisionmeansnothingwhenyofacebroke @FightDiscussion @heatherjoclark

heatherjoclark@heatherjoclark Jul 15 San Francisco, CA
Punch to the eye = broken orbital. Punch to the chin = dropped to Matt! Control the whole fight = Win! Simple math!

Heatherjoclark@heatherjoclark Jul 15 San Francisco, CA
Decisions mean everything when you loose 2 in a row and get the boot out the organization. Faces heal!

Heather
Bec

Meet Daniela Kortmann, a German 3rd degree black belt Judoka (3-1 MMA) and the newest addition to Invicta's Straw weight division

Miesha Tate getting ready for her fight on the 25th July

https://instagram.com/p/5N7ifzCkok/

https://instagram.com/p/5QFXwtikns/

Jessica Eye's  photoshoot for an upcoming issue of Cosmopolitan magazine

Sunkist1207 - 

It appears as though Bellator execs read this thread!  Looks like they have started up a 125lb division. First fight tomorrow night- nice way to capitalize. If Bellator can get this division up and running, in my opinion, several fighters will jump ship from Invicta to Bellator

weigh-ins: Kaline Medeiros (124.25) vs. Sarah Payant (128.5 - 2 hours to make weight)

Kaline"The Dark Angel" Medeiros 4-4

Sara "Soulja"Payant 1-0

Kaline Medeiros def. Sarah Payant by straight armbar after 3:24 in Rd. 1.

Shayna Baszler on her UFC Release:

"We talked to the UFC and it was like 'Hey, if I'm gonna be on the bench a while is it cool if I make some money doing some other things?' and they were like 'uh, well, ya know ….' and so it was like 'hey, how about this, how about we either ask for a release, or I can do the retirement thing and then just give you guys a call when I'm ready to go'. But, it all worked out. So, Sean Shelby said to very much keep him in the loop every step of the way, you know,I have Invicta, Shannon Knapp has always been great. So I'm not done fighting. I'm just having some fun"

Source: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/freshstartmma/2015/07/17/mma-jam-session--amber-brown-amber-leibrock-shayna-baszler
Around 1:32:00

Huge fan of Baszler. Hope to see her return to the cage as I think she dominated almost beat Mcmann, went 1-1 with Alexis Davis, dominated Bethe and Pena in the 1st round only to gas, and lets be honest Amanda Nunes is a beast. Shayna might not be a top 10 fighter anymore but I think she certainly belongs in the UFC still.

With that said, not sold on her story. At all. Her gig with ROH (which she did while under UFC contract) was pretty similar to her gig at ECCW but I'm no expert in wrestling so I could be wrong. Not sure why she would even mention Shannon if she was as comfy in the UFC as she made herself seem. I know that the fighters sign away their likeness and all, but lets be honest, if Rousey can get away with Wrestlemania I'm not sure what Baszler was being held back from. Not to mention Baszler was pretty radio silent on the release for a long time before now when she is telling everyone that it was planned out.

Wish her the best regardless.

"Ronda is just being smart because of her options."

That's pretty much it. If they were fighting for $1,000 purses with nobody watching she would fight Cyborg at 145 lbs in a heartbeat IMO. I would favour Ronda over Cyborg at 145 lbs but if anyone can beat Ronda it's Cyborg at 145 lbs. The risk is not worth the reward.

I was on inside MMA last night with meisha tate...she said she would Fight 140... Phone Post 3.0

criscyborg - I was on inside MMA last night with meisha tate...she said she would Fight 140... Phone Post 3.0

She might be willing, but would Zuffa?

My guess is they would veto the idea.  They want you to fight Ronda for the belt, not at a catchweight.  They want to be able to move forward after the fight and make money off the winner.  If you win at a catchweight, they don't have any way to capitalize on that.  They want you to prove you can make 135, not 140.

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome - 

i dig Heather Clark for putting with the mean  girls in TUF.

But i am disliking her recent bitter tweets.  She's going negative the way the mean girls were back a year ago, but she should be taking the high road like she did back then.  Unless she's aiming for a rematch with Bec, which would be fun.  But it makes no sense to gloat that Bec will be cut ("....you'll be done soon") because she won big her last fight (beating heather's friend Lisa) and has shown great improvement.   

Heather has always been a passive-aggressive brat.  You just fell for the passive part of the act on TUF.  What you are seeing now is the way she has always been.  She was the same way with Felice Herrig in her Bellator days.  She would bait Felice with 'mean girls' remarks (basically calling Felice a slut), then when Felice fired back, she would feign innocence and pretend like Felice was attacking her for no reason.  Heather is without a doubt one of the 'mean girls'.

criscyborg - I was on inside MMA last night with meisha tate...she said she would Fight 140... Phone Post 3.0

Hey Cris :)

You looked absolutely amazing yesterday on Inside MMA and you interviewed very well.

For anyone who didnt see Cris Miesha and Ronda on Inside MMA last night, here are the videos

Why does Ronda continue to being up steroids when Cris has not failed a test since Dec 2011? With respect, she sounds  just like Dana who is convincing everyone that Aldo is not injured even though there is evidence to prove that Aldo is legitimately injured.