WMMA Discussion Thread

criscyborg - I was on inside MMA last night with meisha tate...she said she would Fight 140... Phone Post 3.0

Meisha seems like an anyone, anytime, any weight kind of gal. But would the UFC allow it?

If the UFC will allow the top 135 lbs women to fight at 140 lbs that opens up many interesting fights for Cris (and shows progression towards Cris fighting at 135 lbs).

Sunkist1207 - 

Why does Ronda continue to being up steroids when Cris has not failed a test since Dec 2011? With respect, she sounds  just like Dana who is convincing everyone that Aldo is not injured even though there is evidence to prove that Aldo is legitimately injured.

Ronda brings up steroids for the same reason Cris keeps posting that photoshopped pic of Gina Carano.  Because it gets a strong reaction from fans of the person she is talking about.  To be effective, trash talk MUST create a strong reaction.

Steve4192 - 
Sunkist1207 - 

Why does Ronda continue to being up steroids when Cris has not failed a test since Dec 2011? With respect, she sounds  just like Dana who is convincing everyone that Aldo is not injured even though there is evidence to prove that Aldo is legitimately injured.

Ronda brings up steroids for the same reason Cris keeps posting that photoshopped pic of Gina Carano.  Because it gets a strong reaction from fans of the person she is talking about.  To be effective, trash talk MUST create a strong reaction.

Steve4192

I understand that outside of the PED talk there really isnt anything Ronda can say  about Cris because she moved down to 135lb when she was next in line to fight Cris and admitted that she wasnt ready.  In my opinon and I say this respectfully , constantly bringing up the PEDs makes Ronda  look less than smart when there is evidence to prove that Cris has passed every single PED test since the one failed in 2011. The PED issue isnt even brought up by Dana and he was the first person to push the agenda that Cris is still taking PEDs.

Sunkist1207 - 
Steve4192 - 
Sunkist1207 - 

Steve4192

I understand that outside of the PED talk there really isnt anything Ronda can say  about Cris because she moved down to 135lb when she was next in line to fight Cris and admitted that she wasnt ready.  In my opinon and I say this respectfully , constantly bringing up the PEDs makes Ronda  look less than smart when there is evidence to prove that Cris has passed every single PED test since the one failed in 2011. The PED issue isnt even brought up by Dana and he was the first person to push the agenda that Cris is still taking PEDs.

If Ronda just said 'no comment', that would hurt Cyborg far more than talking about PEDs.  Without Ronda's participation, Cris would have no platform from which to campaign for a fight.  She would be ignored by the vast majority of the media.

And you want to talk about bringing up old issues then bring up Ronda not wanting to fight Cyborg less than a year after turning pro?  Pot meet kettle.  I find it laughable that anyone thinks Ronda should have taken that fight when her pro career was only a few months old.  Cyborg was a six year pro at that point and had no business wanting that fight, just as she has no business wanting a Marina Shafir fight.

Steve4192 - 
Sunkist1207 - 
Steve4192 - 
Sunkist1207 - 

Steve4192

If Ronda just said 'no comment', that would hurt Cyborg far more than talking about PEDs.  Without Ronda's participation, Cris would have no platform from which to campaign for a fight.  She would be ignored by the vast majority of the media.

And you want to talk about bringing up old issues then bring up Ronda not wanting to fight Cyborg less than a year after turning pro?  Pot meet kettle.  I find it laughable that anyone thinks Ronda should have taken that fight when her pro career was only a few months old.  Cyborg was a six year pro at that point and had no business wanting that fight, just as she has no business wanting a Marina Shafir fight.

Steve4192- find it laughable that anyone thinks Ronda should have taken that fight when her pro career was only a few months old.  Cyborg was a six year pro at that point and had no business wanting that fight, just as she has no business wanting a Marina Shafir fight.

Steve4192

With respect, Miesha was a five year pro at the point when she fought Ronda so I am not sure how  your logic fits into the equation, Ronda having no business to ask for a fight with Cris is a matter of personal opinion but Ronda was campaigning for the fight until it became a reality and she decided to move down to face someone she saw and I say this respectfully as less of a challenge. Same thing happened with her friend Marina. In 2013, Marina said she would need a 1 1/2 years to be ready to fight Cris and even as recent as April said she would beat Cris when they fought and that hasnt gone according to plan

Steve4192 If Ronda just said 'no comment', that would hurt Cyborg far more than talking about PEDs.  Without Ronda's participation, Cris would have no platform from which to campaign for a fight.  She would be ignored by the vast majority of the media.

I respectfully disagree. The same media outlets who report MMA and interview Ronda are the same media outlets who inteview Cris. Please see the videos above from Inside MMA.  The other mainstream media outlets who interview Ronda do not bring up Cris threfore  she doesnt speak on the steroid issue

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome -
Sunkist1207 - 

. For anyone who didnt watch TUF 20, Heather Clark  and Bec  Rawlings didnt get along well in the TUF house but when they fought, Heather won via unanimous decision.  However, Bec  and Heather appear to still have an issue...rematch?

I know 2 wrongs don't make a right. But isn't strange the two bully's are both injured? Is it karma or they faking it? Who's X-rays r those?

Tryin 2 stay relevant @heatherjoclark Must be sad more people care bout my brokn hip than they do ur existence in mma

That doesn't say much about you then does it since I beat you!! #KarmasABitch

'Rowdy' Bec Rawlings @RowdyBec
@heatherjoclark ya it was so convincing that nobody remembers it...Heather who? Must suck when ur only claim to fame is knowing Meisha Tate

heatherjoclark retweeted 'Rowdy' Bec Rawlings
If you only knew how many people come up me and and give me a high five and thank me!

And your claim to fame ant anything anyone else in the div would be proud of. You will be gone soon thankfully

'Rowdy' Bec Rawlings @RowdyBec
But who's face was broke doe? #judgesdecisionmeansnothingwhenyofacebroke @FightDiscussion @heatherjoclark

Punch to the eye = broken orbital. Punch to the chin = dropped to Matt! Control the whole fight = Win! Simple math!

Decisions mean everything when you loose 2 in a row and get the boot out the organization. Faces heal!

Heather
Bec

i dig Heather Clark for putting with the mean  girls in TUF.

But i am disliking her recent bitter tweets.  She's going negative the way the mean girls were back a year ago, but she should be taking the high road like she did back then.  Unless she's aiming for a rematch with Bec, which would be fun.  But it makes no sense to gloat that Bec will be cut ("....you'll be done soon") because she won big her last fight (beating heather's friend Lisa) and has shown great improvement.   

Because it's exactly like rose tecia said on tuf talk. The name calling went both ways. Phone Post 3.0

The latest addition to the Fight Valley movie starring Miesha Tate, Cris Cyborg and Holy Holm is   Katlyn Chookagian. Katlyn is a 4-1 pro 9-0 Amateur Flyweight currently fighting on the indepndent scene

Joanne Calderwood defeated Courtney Casey via Unanimous decision and won fight on the night. In my opinion, Casey deserved the $50k for taking the fight on 8 days notice (I think) and winning the first round. In my opinion a full fight camp Casey put the 115lb division on notice. What say you?

Shayna Baszler vs Coleen Schneider catch wrestling match

. 16 Opening Betting Odds: -125 vs. -115 - via

Duke defeated Phillips in an amateur fight. Phillips stepped in on two weeks( I think?) notice

In my opinion, fighting Cris has increased Charmaine's exposure and she has really dedicated to promoting her brand- good for her. Jorina Baars also said fighting Cris helped her to get a contract with Lion Fights

Pretty excited to share the big news!!! I am heading out to Tristar in Montreal to begin my new fight camp!! So looking forward to working with Coach Firas Zahabi and the entire Team . Booked flights this morning and Michelle Massicotti are heading out Aug 1st for 3 weeks . Then I'm back for UFC Fight Week in Saskatoon , then back out to Montreal for 3 more weeks !!

Sunkist1207 -
Riddlius - 
Sunkist1207 - 
JustAnotherMMAFan - Not hypocrisy. Rousey has been using this type of double standard against Cyborg from the get-go, as an excuse not to have her ass handed to her.
Her agenda is pretty obvious. Phone Post 3.0
    <br />
    <p>
        <br />
        <span class="User-243792" id="userPost54116681"><span class="User-356939" id="userPost54116502">JustAnotherMMAFan,&nbsp;</span></span></p>
    <br />
    <p>
        <br />
        <span class="User-243792" id="userPost54116681"><span class="User-356939" id="userPost54116502">&nbsp;</span></span></p>
    <br />
    <p>
        <br />
        <span class="User-243792" id="userPost54116681"><span class="User-356939" id="userPost54116502">I agree. In my opinion, if Dana and Ronda are both confident that Ronda can win, the weight shouldn't &nbsp;really matter.</span></span></p>
    <br />
    <p>
        <br />
        <span class="User-243792" id="userPost54116681"><span class="User-356939" id="userPost54116502">&nbsp;I said previously that it really would be something if Cris and Ronda became friends after they fight :)</span></span></p>
</blockquote>
<br />
<span class="User-243792" id="userPost54116681">If Cyborg makes 135, do you both think the fight will happen?</span></blockquote>

Hey Riddlius

This is a really interesting question. I want to say yes the fight will happen IF Cris can get down to 135, be healthy and fight the way she does at 145 BUT I have a nagging feeling that another stipulation will be added to the mix which will subsequently result in Dana/Ronda blaming Cris for not wanting to make the fight happen. I say this respectfully but I was hoping that Chad would beat Connor then Cyborg vs Rousey  at 140 would have been the biggest fight to make in Dec. I am inclined to believe that Cyborg vs Rousey will be on the UFC 200 card in July 2016, at what weight?, who knows. What do you think?

I'm still thinking the fight will happen if Cyborg get to 135, but not for a long time either way. Phone Post 3.0

I am so looking forward to seeing Miesha Tate vs Jessica Eye.
Awesome fight!
I think Eye takes it. Phone Post 3.0

JustAnotherMMAFan - I am so looking forward to seeing Miesha Tate vs Jessica Eye.
Awesome fight!
I think Eye takes it. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed, great fight - and I'm also looking forward to it.

Not sure who takes it, after her fight with Mcmann it's hard to bet against Miesha.

Karnak - 
Sunkist1207 - 

Joanne Calderwood defeated Courtney Casey via Unanimous decision and won fight on the night. In my opinion, Casey deserved the $50k for taking the fight on 8 days notice (I think) and winning the first round. In my opinion a full fight camp Casey put the 115lb division on notice. What say you?

<br />
<span class="User-349757" id="userPost54146444">One clear thing I took away from this fight, is that JoJo really needs to leave her current camp, if she's ever going to evolve her game towards becoming a genuine contender at 115. Constantly seeing her using her face to block punches, is getting silly now lol.<br />
<br />
A great back and forth fight, but this mainly thanks to both fighters still having plenty technical holes, that left them open to all kinds of dangers on every exchange.<br />
<br />
Casey came in on short notice too, and if not for having so many things against her, I think she would have more than likely been able to put away Calderwood after her initial early flurry of rights and lefts.<br />
<br />
Anyway, I look forward to seeing Casey with a full camp behind her, and it's time Calderwood faced a name, or a legit contender.</span></blockquote>

Karnak,

You and I actually agree this, isn't that something? 

Please accept a vote up for this post :)

Sunkist1207 - 
Karnak - 
Sunkist1207 - 

<br />
<span class="User-349757" id="userPost54146444">One clear thing I took away from this fight, is that JoJo really needs to leave her current camp, if she's ever going to evolve her game towards becoming a genuine contender at 115. Constantly seeing her using her face to block punches, is getting silly now lol.<br />
<br />
A great back and forth fight, but this mainly thanks to both fighters still having plenty technical holes, that left them open to all kinds of dangers on every exchange.<br />
<br />
Casey came in on short notice too, and if not for having so many things against her, I think she would have more than likely been able to put away Calderwood after her initial early flurry of rights and lefts.<br />
<br />
Anyway, I look forward to seeing Casey with a full camp behind her, and it's time Calderwood faced a name, or a legit contender.</span></blockquote>

Karnak,

You and I actually agree this, isn't that something? 

Please accept a vote up for this post :)

agree!

Steve4192 -
DalyDentedDecimated'sDome - 

But i am disliking her recent bitter tweets.  She's going negative the way the mean girls were back a year ago, but she should be taking the high road like she did back then.  Unless she's aiming for a rematch with Bec, which would be fun.  But it makes no sense to gloat that Bec will be cut ("....you'll be done soon") because she won big her last fight (beating heather's friend Lisa) and has shown great improvement.   

Heather has always been a passive-aggressive brat.  You just fell for the passive part of the act on TUF.  What you are seeing now is the way she has always been.  She was the same way with Felice Herrig in her Bellator days.  She would bait Felice with 'mean girls' remarks (basically calling Felice a slut), then when Felice fired back, she would feign innocence and pretend like Felice was attacking her for no reason.  Heather is without a doubt one of the 'mean girls'.

Yup. Phone Post 3.0

Short...short clip of Cris Cyborg and Gabi Garcia training earlier today at Kings MMA

kings_mma Reportagem do Japão para cobrir os treinos dessas feras. @gabigarciaoficial @criscyborg. We had a japonese channel today at kings to film a training between @criscyborg and @gabigarciaoficial. #ALLGLORYTOGOD #kingsmma #mma #muaythai #jiujitsu #huntingtonbeach #california

Great display of Sportswomanship :)

RowdyBec -
Steve4192 -
DalyDentedDecimated'sDome - 

Heather has always been a passive-aggressive brat.  You just fell for the passive part of the act on TUF.  What you are seeing now is the way she has always been.  She was the same way with Felice Herrig in her Bellator days.  She would bait Felice with 'mean girls' remarks (basically calling Felice a slut), then when Felice fired back, she would feign innocence and pretend like Felice was attacking her for no reason.  Heather is without a doubt one of the 'mean girls'.

Yup. Phone Post 3.0
Stay away from broken glass bec Phone Post 3.0