WTF Shogun... why not sidestep the takedown???

i been steady using my side check kick to stop takedowns against my hind legs.

UGCTT_SidRival - Now the Cole Konrad thread makes sense. It still isn't any good, but at least I know what they were trying to do. Personally I think the side step is flawed. I do front flips over my opponents when they shoot doubles. Works like a charm. Phone Post 3.0

that was your post 6666

The welterweight division needs to practice their side stepping Phone Post

I'm new on this forum

Does anybody knows a good sidestepping school in Europe?

Unfortunately I can not afford travelling to US to learn this technique

The best schools to trane side step are all in the USA. Man up the money to learn the proper techniques. Just look what happened to Shogun. Phone Post

DennyBoii - When sonnen shot in, shogun should have just jumped over his back, so when sonnen realized he missed the takedown it would be too late and shogun would already be coming off the top ropes at him with RVD frog spash.

Great point OP! So many techniques he could have used......and yet he just stood there, Phone Post 3.0

Ah yes...the dreaded sunset flip. No one can defend. That and the leap frog. Phone Post

Svend -
Frames4Life - 

That's what I was screaming at Bendo when Pettis jumped off the cafe. Phone Post

Ah, the famed "cafe kick". Java jump to the cafe right into a caffeine fueled coffee kick. Brutal.
VTFU Phone Post 3.0

easier said than done when you have the goat #2 middleweight clinched on you son. 

in

Lakdeuz - I'm new on this forum

Does anybody knows a good sidestepping school in Europe?

Unfortunately I can not afford travelling to US to learn this technique
Does anyone know any good sidestepping technique dvds on budovideos? I dont want to pay a seminar fee. Heck, I'd settle for a youtube sidestepping overview by an experienced fighter....I have heard there is a dvd with Russian subtitles.. Phone Post 3.0

If I was a UFC fight I would be Shogun but also I would be the fastest person alive so I would just run away when Chael shoots and he would never catch me.

Who would have thunk that cross training would evolve to include taking on the role as the Governor in the Best Little Whorehouse in Texas? Or that Charles Durning would found an mma technique?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9b9xNdr2YM

*** CAN BE MODIFIED FOR UFC ***

Op you prove once again that this place is full of mouth breathing retards. Phone Post 3.0

My boss was walking towards me in the hall and I could see he wanted to talk but when he was in speaking range I sidestepped him and kept right on going.

Thanks OP

HAHAHAHA! I love you guys.

Looks like lockflow has added this technique to their library: http://www.lockflow.com/sidestep

GnP Sonnen - Genius! Haha Phone Post
Admit it Chael - you could have done nothing if shogun side-stepped! Phone Post 3.0

I have no formal training, but when I am fighting someone I usually take my pants off. Once I get my pants off then I I all over, Ricky!!!!! Phone Post 3.0