Dana White Power Slap is disgusting

I just watched it for the first time. Truly bizarre. Feels like the cast members are being trolled. These guys are like lab rats in a twisted project to “try” to create a sport.

25 Likes

Gotta put the weightlifting chalk on to enhance the drama.

Did it look like to you that the slappers were hamming it up for the cameras after being slapped?

3 Likes

I couldn’t believe what I was watching.

I thought the Contender Series was a bit depressing but man this was awful. I love the fights on DWCS but something about cameras watching multi millionaires sit around a table watching the fighters slug it out for a $12,000 contract that can be cancelled at anytime is just weird.

This power slap is a whole other level of embarrassment, but I’m sure most of those guys want to be there and would do it for free. Dana telling them they are pioneering the sport. lol

20 Likes

There will probably be Youtubers on pretty soon trying to increase their visibility.

5 Likes

Exactly what I’m thinking at the moment, it feels like Dana is looking to humiliate poor people now. And looking back it feels like that’s been his aim more subtly for a while.

Slapping his wife just further points to a man so short of self esteem he has to knock others down and humiliate them to feel like a big man.

15 Likes

In between slappin bitches for stepping outta line, dana white exploiting people for 5k/5k purses for brain damage and entertainment is fkn disgusting.
I wonder if his missus got any $$ for coming second in their fight?
Whatever respect I had for this cunt is long gone for allowing this shit.
FU Dana you bald head

6 Likes

its crap

4 Likes

It’s so boring.

4 Likes

The bigger trash sport of all time. Slightly above MMA.

3 Likes

Dana White reacts to tragic death of BKFC fighter: ‘Is anybody shocked?’

I kind of hope they slap someone to death now lmao

5 Likes

I don’t get where the “sport” aspect is?

I mean, how do you train for it?

5 Likes

4 Likes

I liked it. I’ll keep watching it too

4 Likes

Ive only watched one episode and i liked it.

2 Likes
3 Likes

There’s been a lot of hoopla – and not necessarily the good kind – surrounding the Power Slap League ever since we found out late last year that UFC president Dana White would promote slap fighting and the Nevada Athletic Commission would regulate it.

It didn’t help that White was caught on video slapping his wife during a New Year’s Eve altercation, but with White not being punished for his actions by UFC-parent company Endeavor and TBS standing by him, the first episode of “Power Slap: Road to the Title” premiered last Wednesday.

And for this week’s “Spinning Back Clique” panel of Mike Bohn, Nolan King, Brian “Goze” Garcia and host “Gorgeous” George Garcia, it confirmed what a lot of people already believed – that slap fighting is nothing more than senseless traumatic brain injuries presented as a form of entertainment.

“I go into everything with a little bit of an open mind even when I think that I’m not gonna like something or that I think that something’s gross, and I have to say that this actually exceeded my expectations of just being wrong,” King said. “Not only was there the impact of the super slow-mo slaps and people taking just damage to the brain, but I also think the moments of recovery or the attempted recovery, that sh*t was beyond like – that was just way past the point of the threshold of what should be overseen by a commission and say that it’s safe. The whole thing just represented a failure to me.”

Said Brian Garcia: “It’s very unpleasant to watch. There’s the argument, like, OK (at) UFC 283, it was pretty brutal, too, right? There were two fights on there where I was saying, ‘Please stop it.’ But in those cases, those two fighters get the opportunity to defend themselves, and (in Power Slap) you don’t. The only guarantee is your about to get smashed, and that is such an ugly thing to watch, man. It’s just not for me.”

2 Likes

More trailer-trash sports.

3 Likes

I thought it was going to be like a novelty thing , I thought everyone involved would be laughing about it, I cannot believe he’s trying to create a sport.

I’m flipping through channels, I see battle bots. I’ve never watched this show. I was thinking this is better than Dana White Power Slap. Then I see Kenny Florian is commentating. Lol.

2 Likes

Episode 2 really brings the heat, lots of KOs and illegal slap fouls.

10/10

1 Like