Ngannou came into the fight with torn MCL and injured ACL

2 Likes

It’s crazy the amount of hate Francis is getting on here, dude came in injured as fuck and got the job done in a fashion that NO ONE expected. That’s a true champion right there. All the UFC shills can fuck right off with the hate.

37 Likes

Gane is one of the most overrated heavyweights ever. Because he runs around and point fights, everyone thinks he’s some super technical striker.

Andrei Arlovski in his prime would knock Gane out in 1 round. Tim Sylvia would knock Gane out within 2 rounds.

Just because these guys are new don’t mean they are better than past fighters.

Tim Sylvia has better striking than Francis and a better ground game.

Brock Lesnar is the greatest heavyweight in UFC history

4 Likes

False
False
False
False
True
False
False

14 Likes

Jon Jones after he saw this thread:

2 Likes

More insight into how the injury shaped the gameplan:

Mad props to Ngannou.

1 Like

It’s UFC paid shils predominately shutting on Francis.

2 Likes

How did Nganou wrestle so great with these injuries? Torn ACL and MCL?? How is this possible? Gane is a big athletic HW with good wrestling defence. Took Gane down and even scrambled well.

He’s a modern day Randy Couture if he hadn’t had these injuries.

4 Likes

Makes me think the injury rumor was leaked on purpose in case he looked bad in this fight. It’s all about brand image and star power at this level.

Seriously with all the leg kicks from Gane, he looked fine and pushing forward.

8 Likes

The knee Injury is super convenient, now frances can have “surgery” and sit out the rest of the year until his contract is up then box fury next year. I honestly hope it all works out that way. He will probably get starched by Tyson but I love these freak show fights.

3 Likes

Ngannou’s gas tank and Tysons gas tank are on opposite sides of the cardio spectrum.

2 Likes

His contract automatically extended with the win, no?

Yes but it expires at the end of 2022.

1 Like

I thought it was a decent fight. Not a classic by any means, but Francis showed some brains for once and his grappling looked good for a big brute

Knowing Francis was hurt, how could you fault the guy

2 Likes

I’d rather not see injured fighters, who are fighting for points, headline a ppv.

I think DC would fuck em both up. Also think Cain beats Ngannou 8-10 times.

They both trained together before, and knew each other very well, so they looked like they have nothing, dc would get scretched

1 Like

Tyson’s cardio is god tier. WHich is crazy considering how fat he he lets himself get.

But Francis showed an excellent gas tank this fight. He barely slowed down at the 5 round mark. Major improvement for him.

1 Like

Because Ngannou wrestled and grappled like he had bionic ligaments

Surprised I haven’t seen this anywhere, but Stipe’s confidence in the trilogy has to be sky high right now.

1 Like